Anyone have a filter stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 total grips
8 SuperTechs
4 PureOne
and a few oddball (rebadged Wix) sitting around

Sizes vary from pn3614 to FL1A. Everything takes a 3/4-16 thread in the same gasket.

I try to keep about 6 filters on hand, a mix of Purolators. It's nice when all your vehicles take the same filter.

picture

I keep them cheap. Thank BITOG for sale notifications.

The frams I got 4 for 25 cents at a yard sale. PH43 is oversize for my dakota 2.5, but the AA8A is even more so. The saturn (OE fram) I got for $.75 out of some guy's trunk.

I bought a hyundai to fix up and resell in a month, but that didn't stop me from buying four filters for it at the AA 2/1 sale.

I keep the filters in my office where I figure the temp/humidity swings less. Not that I think they need it but "only the best will do."

quote:

I am starting to build quite a filter stash, or at least I think I am... I was curious to see who out there also has a stash of oil filters. We always seem to talk about our oil stashes, so I figure that it would only make sense that BITOGers also have a matching filter stash. I want to hear about yours...

I'm getting there.

In addition to the Amsoil EA011 filter that arrived yesterday for an upcoming oil change on my 2001 Taurus, I have:
3 Wix 51372
2 Motorcraft FL820S

I have a dozen Bosch filters. My Civic and my wife's TSX take the same filter, and I help a friend with an Accord change his oil too - same filter. So I have enough for 4 oil changes each.

Anyone know where to buy PureOne filters in bulk? The nearest store that sells them is a bit of a hike, and they only have a few in stock whenever I go.

Pepboys sales got me to stock through summer
on Purolator Plus for $1 or $1.50 @ for 3 cars.
I finally stopped to match my stash for Chevron
from Kragen at .49 @ gt.

Then I decided (1) it's a slippery slope to filling the whole garage (2) the sales seem reoccurring (3) I have current repair maintenance costs to spend on now to get these cars to the end of the stash (4) when I know the day Kragen restocks Chevron so I can get 5-30 and I find myself straightening PepBoys purolators that are always tossed about I know I've spent too much time in auto aisles. Besides WM pricing strategy isn't going to change so I have another source and WM everyday pricing keeps the pressure on the rest of the auto-only stores to use door opener sales.

I have a couple of AC PF 25 filters and a PF 35.

I also bought a couple of Supertech PF35 equivalent filters as well.

I had a dozen Purolators for my Camry I have been using in the past 3 years. Got them at a surplus store for $1 each.

My filter stash is anything Fleetguard at a 55% discount!!! My local Cummins dealer sells them to me at their super huge bulk mine discount price!
I can get the 6.0 liter powerstroke fuel filter for 18 bucks! And thats the two stage one.

Well, here we go:

18 Amsoil SDF-15 oil filters.

I just bought a case when they announced the new EaO filters were here. They are phasing out the SDF filters so I decided to get a case to add to my 6 i had left over from the previous case.

About 30-40 AC-Delco Duraguards for the vaious vehicles I and others in my family own.

EDIT: Oh, and a dozen or so Honda Filtech filters.

15 or 16 AA filters for various aplications. Dodge, Toyota, Pontiac, Yanmar.

Oil stash? I am now officially "hiding" my oil purchases from my wife.

And I thought I was BAD !!

I try to keep less than a years' supply for all 3 vehicles.

I buy parts online and sometimes use filters to push an order $ up to get free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back