Anyone have a filter stash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting to build quite a filter stash, or at least I think I am... I was curious to see who out there also has a stash of oil filters. We always seem to talk about our oil stashes, so I figure that it would only make sense that BITOGers also have a matching filter stash. I want to hear about yours...
bowdown.gif

I got a stash of a dozen Advance Auto total grips, since they were so cheap. And a few Supertechs. Enough to last me quite a while.

I have 10 Wix 51352 oil filters that I got from Fleet Filter. I use them for my Citroen 2CV and they're an odd size not commonly found stocked.

Lessee...I had quite a few, but sold my AC-Delco Ultraguard Gold UPF-53s, all 10 of them, plus a Pure One & threw in a Supertech to fill up the box. But then I bought a total of 10 of the Advance Auto AA-16's, plus one AA-2, at $1.34/ea. I also have two Wix 51085, two old K-mart Penskes same size, and a Wix, AC-Delco, & Purolator in the small coffee mug size(PF-53).

So, for Mom's Mercury, I have one filter on deck- hardly a stash. But for the Neon, I have 17
shocked.gif
filters on deck. Yeah, I guess that's a stash!
grin.gif

I have 4 OEM Hyundai, 4 Puralator Premium Plus and 1 Bosch for the Hyundai.
1 Wix, 1 Mopar and 1 ST for the Dodge.
The ST is about to be used for cleaning phase of Auto-RX and the Mopar for the rinse phase.
One of the OEM Hyundai's will be used in the next few weeks also.
Almost went to Advanced to get the Buy 1 get 1 free offer, but have been too busy.

21 Purolator L24458 oversized (Honda) oil filters.

My wife, dad & mom have Hondas. And my wife's next car will be an Acura. I do all the maintenance for my parent's cars.
smile.gif

[ January 29, 2006, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: LT4 Vette ]

I have
2 AA 3600’s for the bypass filter
2 AA 3980’s for the GM I used to own
9 AA 7317’s for the bike I used to have, the Hyundai I was going to buy, and the Efini that I currently drive
1 ST 3593A for the same vehicles as above, but it wouldn’t fit through the bike’s headers

I am overseas, and considering a different car, so the stash might get bigger.

Still need to take the 3980’s back, or find someone in the ATX area who wants them.

Motorcraft FL1A size filters (for Aerostar 3.0 V6):
1 Maxlife VF8A
1 Wix 51515

Motorcraft FL299 size (extra long version of FL1A) filters:
2 Wix 51773 (For F150 4.9L inline six)
2 Purolator L40017 (for E350 7.5L V8 motorhome)

Useless filters (garage sale items for 10 cents and 25 cents that I bought just because):
Fram PH3950
Fram PH3614

I have 14 OEM Hyundai(ebay),12 Purolator L14458($1.99 clearance sale)5 Baldwin 161-S' and 1 Wix 51344 for the KIA.
1 Wix, 2 Motorcraft and 1 ST for the Aerostar.
05 Kia Sedona has a lifetime supply and so does the 94 Aerostar @7.5k OCI's

I have a honda brand filter for the motorcycle, 5-6 of a MANN 10-pk and a Purolator l14670 for two Volvos. I also have three unused and cut-open filters in the basement to "just look at" - MANN, L/PL14670 from Purolator.

Nothing much...but the same goes for my oil stash as well I guess - some 7-8 gallons or so of jugs and quarts.
cheers.gif

oil filter "mutual funds" have over 60 Motorcraft FL400s's in stock--bought at W-M for $2.77each where they are now $3.28each last time I checked. Like all the M1 I got for $3.00per qt averaged out with the 160qt++ total -- M1 now is $5.50++ per qt and going higher^^^^(like buying mutual funds that keep going up^^^^)

I bought 5 or 6 WIX that would fit my Mazda and my GF's Civic, but then CSK had the free after rebate Bosch premium plus filters last summer/fall, so I had to buy four of those, then the Pennzoil Rebate for oil + a filter made me buy 3 more Purolator +'s at $.99 after rebate.

Just can't pass up a good deal. I now have a 1-2 year supply of synthetic oil and filters for 3 cars.

looks like im the light weight. i keep all my stuff in my dads garage since i still do my car work there.

2 AA3614s for saturn
2 AA16s for neon or stratus
1 L14670 for neon or stratus (i think thats the number)
1 PH3593a for kubota tractor (oil)
1 PH3682 for kubota tractor (trans)
1 PL14670 for my neon

my dad doesnt really care about stocking up. when i get out of school and money is there then i will probably buy filters by the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back