Anybody having unusual numbers of critters this year?

I need to buy a new high power pellet gun (no idea what one to buy as many pellet guns suck now)
as the 1/2 acre yard went from 3 squirrels to 2 dozen and rabbits and a ground hog.

They are starting to destroy the eaves and ignore bait and traps

Even better the yard has been converted to a gigantic ant hill filled with the large black ants, spray the house with various “defense” products but none seem to keep the ants out. I think I’ve tried all the regular killers

I have a small amount of diazinon left from my father, that seems to be the only stuff that works, sadly probably only 1 or 2 boundary treatments left in the can if I’m forced to use it.

Even though I don’t like killing them bees and hornets seem to absolutely love my vehicles, I don’t drive as much so if one sits 2-3 days I get to deal with abnormally agressive bees and hornets and the bastards don’t seem to be affected by being smoked out so I end up killing them, even at that difficult to irradicate them even with sprays
I've had good luck with Sevin granules. Dump some in the ant hill and pour a ring around the ant so none can enter or leave without going through the stuff. It's good for laying a band around your house to keep ants out, too.

We have 18 acres and the number of rabbits we have this year is absolutely astounding, compared to other years. Fewer raccoons than normal, it seems, and our windows are usually inundated with stink bugs but the last year seemed down on those too. Coyotes, deer, vultures, and everything else seems about the same. But the rabbits, holy crap they're everywhere this year.

We have 18 acres and the number of rabbits we have this year is absolutely astounding, compared to other years. Fewer raccoons than normal, it seems, and our windows are usually inundated with stink bugs but the last year seemed down on those too. Coyotes, deer, vultures, and everything else seems about the same. But the rabbits, holy crap they're everywhere this year.
Appropriate BITOG screen name is appropriate

Feral cats are my problem. Dopey old bags in the neighborhood leave food out for them. I humanly trap them and drop them off 20 miles or so. Never come back. Very destructive to songbirds. Now if I had a trap that could fit these old bags ..🤔

Back