anybody ever try Penzoil Platinum 0w-20 or 0w-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would love to find some 0W- PP. If only SOPUS knew that us BITOGers are out here and willing to purchase it.

I'd try PP 0W-20 and 0w-30 if I could find it. Does it have anything to do with Mobil supply chain issues, and Ike because its a 0W, and not a Group III like PP 5W-xx?

Frank D

I use PP 0w20 - I actually just posted a UOA using that oil. Results came back great, wear below the average across the board. Impressive!

I got mine from oil-store.com, I just bought two cases so it was cheaper per quart.

I saw that site, but didn't want to order it online. I ended up stocking up on Mobil 1 when it was on sale and available. IIRC PP 0W-20 doesn't meet the Chrysler MS-6395 spec?

Frank D

I also use PP 0w-20. Just like xBa380, I also order mine from oil-store.com. I've also have two UOAs with it posted in the UOA section of this site. When I purchased my oil, I ordered 5 cases (6 qts. per case), which allowed me to save a bunch on shipping. Total price, with S/H, was someting like $6/quart.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
IIRC PP 0W-20 doesn't meet the Chrysler MS-6395 spec?

Correct. This is also true for the Ford WSS M2C930-A spec. For this reason, I only use this oil in my Honda Insight. I'm using Mobil 1 0w-20 in my wife's Ford Focus.

I too would use PP 0W20 if I could find it here.

Several grades of PP @ big box stores and auto parts stores here are hard to find. PP 0W20 is imposable to find.

In my opinion they could do a better job of marketing.

My brother runs PP in his '03 Hyundai Elantra GT and loves it. He previously ran Mobil-1 and finds the PP much "quieter". I wonder why that is?

PP and Synpower 5W20 and 5W30 are mostly group III, 0Wxx of any brand are mostly group IV and it is more expensive to produce, but it is difficult to charge more.

I used PP 5w20 in my '08 Accent. When the temps got 25F or lower and with 3k on the oil the engine developed a load knock on start up. This went away with an oil change by the dealer with dino Pennzoil 5w20.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I used PP 5w20 in my '08 Accent. When the temps got 25F or lower and with 3k on the oil the engine developed a load knock on start up. This went away with an oil change by the dealer with dino Pennzoil 5w20.

Was the filter you used different from the dealer filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back