Any reason NOT to go with Aisin TKT024 vs OEM Toyota?

I'd rather buy the Aisin kit, probably more turnover. Not too many people buy OEM parts for old cars so something like a timing belt is probably dusty and old sitting on the shelf for years.

All just my opinion though.
That’s a very good point.

The Mitsuboshi belt in the kit isn't exactly like the OE belt from the Toyota dealer, but it is still high quality. There is nothing wrong with using the Aisin kit :)

Also, your 1MZ is non-interference, so you don't have to worry about that :sneaky:

Get the Mahle valve cover gaskets and, if you can find them, Bosch Platinum Ir Fusion spark plugs, part #4501 or 4503. They are different by one heat range, but either will work. Get the NGK wires.

Yeah, the Bosch plugs seem like a gimmick, but they are THE BEST plugs to use on a 1MZ if you don't want to do this job all the time! They are the ONLY multi-prong iridium made for wasted spark engines! OE is a 2-prong platinum for 60k, so a 4-prong iridium is a big upgrade and should last at least 100k!
so...what's different about it?

Aisin is all I'll use for any import vehicle and have never had an issue. Used on Honda's, Volvo's and Mazda all worked flawless. Never buy gates though as they have gone down hill.

Aisin is all I'll use for any import vehicle and have never had an issue. Used on Honda's, Volvo's and Mazda all worked flawless. Never buy gates though as they have gone down hill.
Gates suck.. I used upper and lower radiator hoses from them on my 2001 Mustang GT and they weren’t even cut right at the ends making them too short to even use..

The ones for the 1MZ-FE that I purchased have been identical except for the fact that they grind off the Toyota logo.
That’s good to know. I’m trying to research different forums and figure out why some people have water pump issues with the pumps that come in the Aisin kits vs. using the Toyota branded Aisin.. Haven’t found any conclusive evidence just yet..

The Aisin water pump and Aisin Toyota water pumps seem to have slight variations in castings from what I’ve seen online when comparing the two
I've heard nothing but good things about NPW
water pumps for Japanese vehicles. I believe NAPA even uses them on some Altrom branded parts. Made in Japan which is also a plus.

Last edited:
Back