Any other short changers out there?

3.6 NA Grand Caravan: 7000-9000 miles or 12-months
3.7 NA F-150: 7000-9000 miles or 12-months
2.0 NA Hyundai Elantra: 6000 miles (primary driver so always on miles)
1.8 NA Kia Forte: 5000 miles
1.6 NA Kia Rio with DI: 3000-4000 miles because DI & short-tripping

I wouldn't call any of those early or late.

My last change (synth dexos1 oil) was late in December, and now with only 1140 miles on the oil, the OLM tells me I have 75% life left. That's a 4500-mile OCI. Nowadays I drive my 25-mile round trip to and from work, but not much extra on the weekends, so I do about 700 miles a month instead of 900. Things will get hot here soon. Cold weather will not be an issue and the OLM's interval may lengthen. But I wonder if I should do a 5-month OCI instead of a 6.
25 miles RT is not bad. I'd go 6 months and do a UOA.

Our driving pattern changed drastically. I never had "mayo" under the oil fill cap in the Liberty, I do now. A 160 mile round trip to CT. didn't clear it up much, making me think at least for now 6 month OCI's are the way to go. I have two prepaid UOA's I bought from Rock Auto, one of which I will probably use to see how the oil did since the driving pattern change.

25 miles RT is not bad. I'd go 6 months and do a UOA.

Our driving pattern changed drastically. I never had "mayo" under the oil fill cap in the Liberty, I do now. A 160 mile round trip to CT. didn't clear it up much, making me think at least for now 6 month OCI's are the way to go. I have two prepaid UOA's I bought from Rock Auto, one of which I will probably use to see how the oil did since the driving pattern change.
Six months would be about 4200 miles for me, and as I say, the heat will be here soon, so I won't have to worry much about condensation or short tripping. I still have some of the Blackstone UOA sample bottles. At the next change I'll get my shop to save me some used oil.

I run 5000 km oil changes. I always use synthetic. I dont care if its considered early to dump the oil. I change it in the fall and in spring. The truck gets mixed driving. Some trips are quiet short. The Mustang gets one oil change a year in fall. It gets parked for winter.

I rather just change early, than experience an issue and wish I had. Turbo GDIs, and N/A GDI with a sensitive timing chain....I see no reason to cheap out when good oil is relatively cheap. Buy it on sale, use the rebates, and do the work myself....I have no excuses.

My Nissan Titan has a 5K mile oil change reminder that shows up on the dash . No OLM or alternate maintenance schedule . 5K miles and that's it . And 0w-20 synthetic oil . They keep it simple .

Some time ago there was a thread (or twelve) about most of the cleaning occurring in the first 1k-2k miles on the oil. So I am currently using that logic to try to clean up my little oil eating Honda. It blows through about 1qt of oil in 500 miles of normal driving, or 300 miles of spirited driving. Now after an oil/filter change I put 5qts of top-off oil in the trunk/hatch area. I add it as necessary, and once the car is through all 5qts of top-off oil - I change the oil completely and repeat this process, with occasional quart of MMO. OCI works out to 1500-2500 miles, with 5qts of top-off oil. (I'm lucky to have a stash of cheap oil.) Hopefully the rings clean up a bit, assuming the theory from the first sentence^ actually works... If no change anytime soon: rebuild may be on the horizon. Long live B-series Honda. (B20Z2 in my case)

Back