Any new cars/SUVs under $30K worth getting?

They may not be marking the base price above MSRP, but from what I'm seeing, they are instead charging you for mandatory useless add-ons such as paint and interior protection, flashing brake light, etc.
Yes, some do. But to be fair - I see others doing the same ON TOP of "market adjustment" and all other mark-ups. Days of being able to buy a brand new car for a few grand below MSRP are gone, until supply chain issue straighten out. Until then, you are more likely to get a fair deal in this market from a Subaru dealer, as far as brand new cars go, and with your requirements in mind.

Haha good luck going from a 5 series to anything new under $30k. So I would say NO there is nothing worth getting that is new under $30k. I would say, get a new 3 series for around $40k. Otherwise...

530 with the m54 inline 6? That is one of the finest engines ever made. How is the rest of the car? Interior?

Sorry I'm biased but I would easily put $6k into that vehicle before considering any new Asian or American car. Have you driven any of these newer cars? They are terrible. I mean yeah they are nice to sit in the parking lot. But go drive one for a few hours. No thanks. Not to mention getting ripped a new one with prices.

Mazda 3 sedan all day long. 2.5 engine mated to a 6 speed auto. They’re still a drivers car. You have 3 trim levels to choose from between $25K-$30K.

View attachment 123553
Overpriced. You can get a Civic Hatchback for the same money and it's not made in Mexico like the Mazda is. Supposedly even the Civic Hatchback is made in USA now, but I haven't been able to independently confirm that. Why would you pay the same money for a Mexican car?

Overpriced. You can get a Civic Hatchback for the same money and it's not made in Mexico like the Mazda is. Supposedly even the Civic Hatchback is made in USA now, but I haven't been able to independently confirm that. Why would you pay the same money for a Mexican car?
I wouldn’t even consider a Honda Civic when looking at a Mazda. No thx jeffs

KBB private party value on mine is about $3.5K-$4K, but with all the work that it needs, I'm not sure that I'd be able to get that much.
Oh. If it needs a lot of work it turns off a lot of buyers. The guy drove like 2hrs, twice to get mine. Needed nothing, always maintained. He said most of that Era are beat and need a lot of stuff.

That list of requirements make it a little hard for under 30k. Mazda, Subaru, and VW are probably going to be the best bets in that price range.
There’s been a few good suggestions here that I won’t repeat, but there are a couple of these in Chicago if you’re close enough.

034AD6DD-9CA0-4C6A-A1DA-1428F640F974.jpeg

Back