Any new cars/SUVs under $30K worth getting?

Oh. If it needs a lot of work it turns off a lot of buyers.
It needs $6k worth of suspension and engine repairs, if I let indy shop do it. Carmax is offering $1k for it. Dealer trade in would be around $2k. I don't know if I could get much more than that trying to sell it privately.

Plus right now with winter around the corner, most people may not be interested in RWD up here in snow country. I might try to hang onto it until next Spring if I can't find anything to replace it with.

It needs $6k worth of suspension and engine repairs, if I let indy shop do it. Carmax is offering $1k for it. Dealer trade in would be around $2k. I don't know if I could get much more than that trying to sell it privately.

Plus right now with winter around the corner, most people may not be interested in RWD up here in snow country. I might try to hang onto it until next Spring if I can't find anything to replace it with.
Wouldn’t be bitog if someone didn’t point out that you can repair a lot of stuff for $30k.

If you can wait it it out, I would. Just keep looking and jump—really fast—if the right deal pops up.

Haha good luck going from a 5 series to anything new under $30k. So I would say NO there is nothing worth getting that is new under $30k. I would say, get a new 3 series for around $40k. Otherwise...

530 with the m54 inline 6? That is one of the finest engines ever made. How is the rest of the car? Interior?

Sorry I'm biased but I would easily put $6k into that vehicle before considering any new Asian or American car. Have you driven any of these newer cars? They are terrible. I mean yeah they are nice to sit in the parking lot. But go drive one for a few hours. No thanks. Not to mention getting ripped a new one with prices.
This.

My old E90 makes all of the new basic American/Asian cars feel like little tykes plastic kids toys. It kinda sucks because now I'm used to the comfort and build quality that will be hard to replace.

If I were the OP I would look into a GTI or just a regular Golf. Solid feeling but still economical. The Jetta is nice too but the Golf has the advantages of a hatch. If I had to replace my E90 I'd probably get a Golf with a 6MT.

Because I don't want to inherit other people's problems. And used car prices are what they are these days.
You don’t need to feed the troll or explain your actions. It’s absolutely no business of his whatsoever what you do with your money or why. He’s on many of our ignore lists for this reason specifically.

Because he wants to. Why are you questioning what someone else wants to do? Does it have any impact on you whatsoever? No. Don’t ask stupid questions.
Geez, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? It was just a question. Many of the replies here say new cars are basically junk or to put money into your current car. Apparently I'm not on YOUR ignore list.

List it for sale for $3K privately- it will likely sell in a minute to someone willing to do all the work. List everything it needs - which will actually help it sell - someone won't feel like your hiding anything. $6K at the shop could easily be 1/3 that to a DIY'r and be quite worth it for them.

Geez, did you get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? It was just a question. Many of the replies here say new cars are basically junk or to put money into your current car. Apparently I'm not on YOUR ignore list.
You might be on his ignore list....
You are on my ignore list but every once in awhile I feel like beating my head on a concrete block wall so I click the "you are ignoring this member" message and see who it is.

Your posts dont show up but when people quote you the "you are ignoring this member shows up instead"

I was thinking Nissan Altima, but I don't think I can get one in this budget.

When I bought my 2022 Frontier a few weeks back, my local Nissan store had a few new Altimas on the lot. One SV model was right at $30K IIRC. S models can be had for a few grand less, but they'd have to do a dealer locate for you.

Man how times have changed. $30K for a "budget" altima.

When I bought my 2022 Frontier a few weeks back, my local Nissan store had a few new Altimas on the lot. One SV model was right at $30K IIRC. S models can be had for a few grand less, but they'd have to do a dealer locate for you.

Man how times have changed. $30K for a "budget" altima.
I still remember when the S trim was advertised as the $19k newspaper special in the Friday car section.

You are on my ignore list. Occasionally I’ll see your post to see if you’ve learned and stopped saying stupid **** but I’m always let down.

You might be on his ignore list....
You are on my ignore list but every once in awhile I feel like beating my head on a concrete block wall so I click the "you are ignoring this member" message and see who it is.

Your posts dont show up but when people quote you the "you are ignoring this member shows up instead"
Yup. :love::sneaky::giggle:

Back