New to the driveway - 2024 RAV4 hybrid

@JHZR2, can you elaborate? Anything we should watch out for?
Road noise, wheel bearing issues, inaccurate fuel gauge are the first ones that come to mind that he has indicated. His is a fancy hybrid.

My SIL also has a simpler gas model and she had a major issue with windshield wiper controls.

My girlfriend bought a 2018 Rav4 Hybrid a few months ago and she loves it, especially the fuel economy! She was coming from a 2014 BMW X3, so you can imagine how much fuel she's saving now. (especially since the BMW took premium fuel) She has a pretty heavy foot so she's only getting 32 MPG with the Rav, but I'm pretty sure she was only getting about 17 or 18 in the BMW. I'm slowly getting her to drive this Rav like a hybrid should be driven (more coasting, less full throttle) so eventually she should be able to get 35+

The only issue she has is the bluetooth. She often has her phone calls sounding muddled. She took it in for a software update and it improved it slightly but it's still not perfect. She even recently got a new phone and it's the same issue. And she's a real estate agent, so having perfect phone reception is as big deal. She often needs to pull over to use her phone if she's talking with a new client about something important. :(

Road noise, wheel bearing issues, inaccurate fuel gauge are the first ones that come to mind that he has indicated. His is a fancy hybrid.

My SIL also has a simpler gas model and she had a major issue with windshield wiper controls.
Also look out for your corroding HV cable ($5K repair), and the leaky roof that can ruin air-bags as the water runs down your A-pillars.

My girlfriend bought a 2018 Rav4 Hybrid a few months ago and she loves it, especially the fuel economy! She was coming from a 2014 BMW X3, so you can imagine how much fuel she's saving now. (especially since the BMW took premium fuel) She has a pretty heavy foot so she's only getting 32 MPG with the Rav, but I'm pretty sure she was only getting about 17 or 18 in the BMW. I'm slowly getting her to drive this Rav like a hybrid should be driven (more coasting, less full throttle) so eventually she should be able to get 35+

The only issue she has is the bluetooth. She often has her phone calls sounding muddled. She took it in for a software update and it improved it slightly but it's still not perfect. She even recently got a new phone and it's the same issue. And she's a real estate agent, so having perfect phone reception is as big deal. She often needs to pull over to use her phone if she's talking with a new client about something important. :(
Have her use a USB and see if that helps the sound quality. I’ve had that with a couple cars.

August will be a year since I took ownership of my 2023 Rav4 Hybrid in signature -- built in Canada. Has 93xx miles as parked this morning after picking up groceries. The more I drive it -- the more I like it every day. Driving in Eco Mode I can accomplish 40 plus miles per gallon --- all day and every day. The Rav4s are the number one selling vehicle for Toyota and I see tons and tons of them in my parts.

Also look out for your corroding HV cable ($5K repair), and the leaky roof that can ruin air-bags as the water runs down your A-pillars.
The HV cable is under an extended warranty. Notices were sent out to owners in May.
Really like my RAV4 Hybrid.
At 40k, it's only needed oil changes and wipers. I swap winters, the OE AS tires look close to new.

Back