Any homelink experts?

Interestingly, although Wayne Dalton says their 3213 door opener is not compatible with Homelink, as I stated earlier, my 2012 Nissan Altima and 2013 F150 worked for years with it and they have Homelink.

I finally got both of those vehicles programmed just now. The 2024 Pathfinder, no luck. Sounds like new garage door opener at least on one side is in my future.

I know there was another brand and model posted earlier, but I like this one with the battery back up. It’s much more motor than I need, but I’m sure that won’t be an issue.

1-1/4 Hpc Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Battery Back-up https://www.lowes.com/pd/Genie-1-25...rive-Belt-Drive-Garage-Door-Opener/1003093080
I would highly encourage you to stick with a Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman branded GDO if you opt to replace one of the Wayne Dalton units. I have had two Genie units over the years and the technology is somewhat unconventional (like WD GDOs) and parts are much more proprietary and expensive to obtain than for Chamberlain units. Sort of like buying a Fiat vs. a GM product. HomeLink was initially developed in conjunction with Chamberlain, so it should be always compatible. I currently have a Craftsman labelled 1 hp Chamberlain GDO that has belt drive and the back-up battery. Regardless of what any manufacturer advertises, the battery back-up function is extremely limited. In a real world scenario, the back-up battery is only good for approximately three up/down cycles and the battery discharges in ~6 hours if unused during a power outage. I also have to replace the battery every 4 years when the low capacity alarm starts beeping.

This Chamberlain unit is a great buy if you are a COSTCO member.

1713722485553.jpg

Last edited:
Back