Any homelink experts?

I only reset my garage door, left the wife’s alone.

Can’t get any of the vehicles to program.

Wayne dalton and aftermarket remotes reprogrammed just fine.

And the Altima is still programmed to one garage door.
On sale now:

As noted above, belt drive is quieter but really it's the DC motor that makes more of a difference, and also allows for soft close. Some belt drive openers are still noisy AC motors.

Other option

Will try them. Some pretty bad reviews, with more good ones.

Most of the complaints in the 1 star reviews pertain to how they didn't like ads on the App or with poor customer service/installation by Lowes. A few complaints about a defective GDO board, but not many.

Try a fresh battery in the transmitter before pairing attempt
Use the original Wayne Dalton remote if possible
Then erase the buttons in the new car for a fresh slate and try again

To clear all programming
1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink®
buttons until the indicator light begins to
flash in green in approximately 10 sec-
onds. Do not hold for longer than 20
seconds.
2. Release both buttons.

Remote looks like this?
1710727866149.jpg

Before you splash out on a new opener, you could try a repeater kit as a cheaper last resort 🤷‍♂️

To clear all programming
seconds.
2. Release both buttons.

Remote looks like this?
View attachment 209045

Before you splash out on a new opener, you could try a repeater kit as a cheaper last resort 🤷‍♂️

This is the remote we have tried using to program the Nissan and the ford.

To clear all programming
seconds.
2. Release both buttons.

Remote looks like this?
View attachment 209045

I would need two repeaters, one for each door?

I would need two repeaters, one for each door?
Reading the Amazon reviews leads me to believe that the repeater only works with Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman branded GDOs. Also, some of the reviewers state that it allows older (pre-2011) vehicles with HomeLink (version3) technology to work with the newer GDOs. As such, I don't think it will work with the Wayne Dalton GDOs and may not be needed for vehicles that are newer (>2011) such as your Altima, F-150 and Pathfinder.

I guess you could try one and return it to Amazon within 30 days if it doesn't work for your situation.

Reading the Amazon reviews leads me to believe that the repeater only works with Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman branded GDOs. Also, some of the reviewers state that it allows older (pre-2011) vehicles with HomeLink (version3) technology to work with the newer GDOs. As such, I don't think it will work with the Wayne Dalton GDOs and may not be needed for vehicles that are newer (>2011) such as your Altima, F-150 and Pathfinder.

I guess you could try one and return it to Amazon within 30 days if it doesn't work for your situation.

Yep. Already have two on their way.

I found another site that listed the same or very similar repeater where it was specifically talking about the quantum 3213 GDO.

Q: How do I make my Wayne Dalton Quantum model 3212, 3213 Opener work with my built-in car remote control?
A: We have a Homelink Conversion Kit 1 that will make your openers compatible with your vehicles. HomeLink Conversion Kit

Well the Amazon return window closed. Yesterday 😂

Time to try again. Starting with the 2013 F150.

Problem is, to program the homelink handheld remote it says refer to owners manual. That only tells you how to pair to a garage door.

You know it is paired when the door opens. The handheld remote doesn’t even have a light so you know they are connecting.

Well the Amazon return window closed. Yesterday 😂

Time to try again. Starting with the 2013 F150.

Problem is, to program the homelink handheld remote it says refer to owners manual.
That only tells you how to pair to a garage door.

You know it is paired when the door opens. The handheld remote doesn’t even have a light so you know they are connecting.
See the programming instructions on the bottom half of page 1 of the linked instructions to pair the handheld remote and all 3 of your vehicles to the new Homelink Universal receiver. Looks pretty simple to me.

HomeLink Universal Receiver Programming Instructions

Thanks again. Now I’m reading on another website that the 2011 date refers to the date of manufacturer for the garage door opener, not the vehicle. We moved into this house in 2007 and these garage door openers were already here.

These reviews all say it works with new vehicle

Totally different system.
The one I posted and bought isn’t connected with wires.

That is odd, since I retrieved the programming instructions via the link you posted in message #33 above. Maybe you posted the wrong link?

If you bought this wireless repeater instead,
1713711846866.jpg

please read the "Product Description" fine print associated with its limitations, particularly the exclusion for GM & Ford vehicles built with Car2U technology.

Product Description​

HomeLink Repeater Kit HomeLink is available in many brands of vehicles, and is identified by a single red LED and 3 buttons; some models may have a "house" image on the panel. On mirror applications, the house may be absent but there is still just one LED. Most older vehicles and select newer models will need a repeater to upgrade the vehicle to be compatible with the new Security+ 2.0 radio code. Gentex Corporation has a website to determine vehicle compatibility; go to www.homelink.com and follow the steps to program a vehicle to see if you need the kit. Sample HomeLink in-vehicle system Sample HomeLink in-vehicle system Programming HomeLink-equipped Vehicles to Older LiftMaster Garage Door Openers & Gate Operators To program older LiftMaster garage door openers (manufactured prior to 2011) to your HomeLink-equipped vehicle, visit www.homelink.com and follow the instructions. Car2U Vehicles Select 2007–2013 GM & Ford vehicles may have Car2U remote systems manufactured by Lear Corporation, identified by three yellow LED lights, one above each button. The HomeLink repeater will not work with this system. A Car2U repeater purchased from Lear is required for all vehicles. Contact Lear at www.learcar2u.com or at (866) 572-2728.

Last edited:
That is odd, since I retrieved the programming instructions via the link you posted in message #33 above. Maybe you posted the wrong link?

If you bought this wireless repeater instead,
View attachment 215333

please read the "Product Description" fine print associated with its limitations, particularly the exclusion for GM & Ford vehicles built with Car2U technology.

Product Description​

HomeLink Repeater Kit HomeLink is available in many brands of vehicles, and is identified by a single red LED and 3 buttons; some models may have a "house" image on the panel. On mirror applications, the house may be absent but there is still just one LED. Most older vehicles and select newer models will need a repeater to upgrade the vehicle to be compatible with the new Security+ 2.0 radio code. Gentex Corporation has a website to determine vehicle compatibility; go to www.homelink.com and follow the steps to program a vehicle to see if you need the kit. Sample HomeLink in-vehicle system Sample HomeLink in-vehicle system Programming HomeLink-equipped Vehicles to Older LiftMaster Garage Door Openers & Gate Operators To program older LiftMaster garage door openers (manufactured prior to 2011) to your HomeLink-equipped vehicle, visit www.homelink.com and follow the instructions. Car2U Vehicles Select 2007–2013 GM & Ford vehicles may have Car2U remote systems manufactured by Lear Corporation, identified by three yellow LED lights, one above each button. The HomeLink repeater will not work with this system. A Car2U repeater purchased from Lear is required for all vehicles. Contact Lear at www.learcar2u.com or at (866) 572-2728.

My apologies! I posted the wrong one.
I bought this one.

Interesting. Out of using the owners manual, the Ford website, and 5 other methods, this one actually worked except for the final step I had to press the button in the truck like six times. This is without using the bridge that I bought.
IMG_0363.jpg

Back