Any homelink experts?

2024 Pathfinder. Tried using the remotes to program and then the actual garage door motor button, nothing.

Wayne dalton quantum 3213.

So now I start researching and some people say they have proof from Wayne Dalton that says Home link is not compatible with 3213 without me purchasing additional equipment.

Thing is, our 2012 Altima and 2013 F150 both have homelink. Albeit finicky to program, but they have worked the last 12 years.

Anyone have any advice?

They are notoriously good at crashing forcing you to do a full reset before it will actually “take” a programming.

Have you tried programming to a different button (my volt accepts programming only to button 2&3 button 1 just doesn’t get used.

They are notoriously good at crashing forcing you to do a full reset before it will actually “take” a programming.

Have you tried programming to a different button (my volt accepts programming only to button 2&3 button 1 just doesn’t get used.

I will have to try that.
We did erase the whole system and try but didn’t try only 2and3.

Try following these directions verbatim from the Homelink website:

2024 Pathfinder Home link Programming Instructions
Good luck with that

IMG_5085.jpeg

We followed what’s in the owners manual. Unfortunately, it seems to be the actual garage door opener is not compatible with Homelink. But I will track this down on Homelink website and try it.

We followed what’s in the owners manual. Unfortunately, it seems to be the actual garage door opener is not compatible with Homelink. But I will track this down on Homelink website and try it.
Just use the link I provided in post #6 above. According to HomeLink, there are versions 3, 4 & 5. Your 2012 Altima and 2013 F150 probably have version 4 and your 2024 Pathfinder certainly has version 5. Each newer version is supposedly backwards compatible, so if your Wayne Dalton 3213 worked with the Altima and F150, it "should" work with the Pathfinder.

Last edited:
Worth a shot to wipe the opener's memory as well...they have device limits and maybe yours was hit. If that doesn't do it a new opener is an easy solution.

Worth a shot to wipe the opener's memory as well...they have device limits and maybe yours was hit. If that doesn't do it a new opener is an easy solution.
Thanks. I didn’t know this was a thing!!

Although WD says it is NOT compatible with home link, it’s worth a shot.

2024 Pathfinder. Tried using the remotes to program and then the actual garage door motor button, nothing.

Wayne dalton quantum 3213.

Thing is, our 2012 Altima and 2013 F150 both have homelink. Albeit finicky to program, but they have worked the last 12 years.

Anyone have any advice?
Also, try this learning process if you still have the handheld WD remote transmitter(s):

seeing $400 in new garage door openers in my future.

If so, go with one of the Chamberlain MyQ belt-drive models available at Lowes. Belt-drive reduces noise by ~40% over chain drive GDOs. The HomeLink technology was developed in conjunction with Chamberlain/Liftmaster/Craftsman openers so it should always be compatible. Just avoid any Chamberlain model that has the proximity sensor built-into the wall control panel. Those proximity sensor circuit boards have a very long history of failure that result in the doors opening and closing at random. The MyQ App works reliably on Android and iOS smartphones.

One final suggestion similar to what tbm5690 said, try erasing all the current codes from the WD GDO's memory and just pairing the Pathfinder's HomeLink only. If that works, it will confirm the technology is compatible.

Once you validate that it will pair with the Pathfinder, you will need to erase the memory again, and pair up each transmitter/HomeLink device starting with the OLDEST transmitter. It appears the specific coding technology (e.g., rolling code or billion code) is established in the WD GDO by the very first transmitter that is paired and all subsequent devices must align with this technology to pair. Also, some GDOs limit the pairing memory to 4 or 5 transmitting devices, so I'd start with the HomeLink vehicles first, followed by the handheld transmitters.

One final suggestion similar to what tbm5690 said, try erasing all the current codes from the WD GDO's memory and just pairing the Pathfinder's HomeLink only. If that works, it will confirm the technology is compatible.

Once you validate that it will pair with the Pathfinder, you will need to erase the memory again, and pair up each transmitter/HomeLink device starting with the OLDEST transmitter. It appears the specific coding technology (e.g., rolling code or billion code) is established in the WD GDO by the very first transmitter that is paired and all subsequent devices must align with this technology to pair. Also, some GDOs limit the pairing memory to 4 or 5 transmitting devices, so I'd start with the HomeLink vehicles first, followed by the handheld transmitters.
Sounds like a plan.

Interestingly my 2013 F150 would only program one garage. The 2012 Altima had both sides programmed.

Finicky.

Will be happy if any work since Wayne dalton says it isn’t compatible.

I only reset my garage door, left the wife’s alone.

Can’t get any of the vehicles to program.

Wayne dalton and aftermarket remotes reprogrammed just fine.

And the Altima is still programmed to one garage door.

Back