Any formula for measuring powder detergent for..

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my Tide (original, standard washer)

On my Tide it has measures for medium and large loads. I have no small load option. I need to wash a small load with powdered detergent.

Do I just add 1/2 of a medium load to equal a small load, a little less than that, or a little more?

Less is more unless the clothes are heavily soiled.

Most washing machines have enough residual soap that you dont need to use soap every other time.

I didnt think anyone still used powders or Tide.

Less is more, I hate hate hate smelling laundry detergent on someone from 8 feet away, it's just plain dorky/ Just throw a handful in and be done, unless you work in a coal mine, it's fine.

Originally Posted By: Noey
I hate hate hate smelling laundry detergent on someone from 8 feet away

Same here. If I was the world dictator, the first thing I'd do is outlaw fragrant laundry detergent and fabric softener.

I didnt think anyone still used powders or Tide.

I buy fragrance-free detergent powder, whichever brand comes in the cheapest large sack. I then fill up a paint bucket with a lid from which I dispense. I don't like messing around with drippy liquids and for some reason I'm not interested in the pods.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Donald
I use pods. Most people put more soap than the measuring cups says to and never get the number of loads listed on the container.

I get about double the loads listed on the container. I just use a little bit, and sometimes wonder if that is even needed. Water is the universal solvent.

I use 1/3 recommended dosage for full load and the cloth came out as clean as can be. If you wash light load then use 1/4 of recommended medium load, I mean use as little as possible.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I use 1/3 recommended dosage for full load and the cloth came out as clean as can be. If you wash light load then use 1/4 of recommended medium load, I mean use as little as possible.

+1 good advice.

Hello, There are good products out there
I do not like laundry detergent (or after shave, most perfume, incense, warm oil room "fresheners", candle actuated scented soot room "fresheners") smell either.

If you want superior value and no smell try Arm & Hammer laundry detergent.
Not too long ago they were calling it "Washing Soda" but I think that name was deigned "too cool".
AKA confusing.

Try the yellow box and use very little. Kira

We use liquid and my wife for years puts in less than half recommended. I think she did the same with powder. Less is better as mentioned.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I hate hate hate smelling laundry detergent on someone from 8 feet away

Same here. If I was the world dictator, the first thing I'd do is outlaw fragrant laundry detergent and fabric softener.

good point. but, you'd be putting some women out of work, that work for the manufacturers.it has to be women. what guys would think of scent names like "mountain breeze", and "after the rain" ?

OP-- precision measurement is not required here. just wing it, man.or,go to the horses mouth.call the toll free number on the box.those numbers are there for consumers that are confused by instructions.
good luck.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
I use pods. Most people put more soap than the measuring cups says to and never get the number of loads listed on the container.

I get about double the loads listed on the container. I just use a little bit, and sometimes wonder if that is even needed. Water is the universal solvent.

Yes, but if one is married the wife probably does a good portion of the laundry and they will seldom measure.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
I make my own laundry detergent. Pennies to dollars.

Fight Club 2 - Trouble at the Laundromat

Lye from burnt kelp, rendered fat, a bit of boiling, voilà!

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: bvance554

Yes, but if one is married the wife probably does a good portion of the laundry and they will seldom measure.

True, and someone is doing your laundry for you, so its best not to tell them how you would do it.

Originally Posted By: yeti
good point. but, you'd be putting some women out of work, that work for the manufacturers.it has to be women. what guys would think of scent names like "mountain breeze", and "after the rain" ?

How would I be putting women out of work? You think the manufacturers would go out of business? Most detergent manufacturers are already making fragrance-free detergent. All they'd have to do is cease production on the fragrant [censored].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back