Any Castrol fans on here?

People say that to justify the price they pay. It's Castrol Edge A3/B4 and sold at Walmart and other places. Why would Castrol or any oil manufacturer dilute their product ?
I'm just picking that up from @edyvw who mentioned the BMW 0w30 isn't that robust. I think that partially related to a 3.0 HTHS.

I’m a Castrol fan. That’s my top choice just simply because it’s kept the internals of my engines clean and the ones that were a little dirty it cleaned pretty well. That was even with conventional GTX white bottle. I never realized before joining here how many people like Mobil 1. I’m sure it’s a good oil but I don’t hardly ever use it unless it’s on sale. It’s overpriced in my opinion that’s why I stick to Castrol and Valvoline. I currently have tons of the old white bottles GTX 10W-40 that I cleaned out from Walmart when they closed it out. Also have three single quarts of the GTX High Mileage that my brother in law gave me that he bought at the Dollar General when he blew his Mercury up because it was out of oil lol. I also purchased the Edge High Mileage for my 1994 Camry that has a dirty internal engine so I’m going to see if it will clean it up too. Oddly enough I don’t know many people in person that like Castrol but I do. I even use it in my mowers and family members mowers.
Hate to break the news to ya but just about every name brand motor oil is “overpriced”. That’s reality.

Even store brands are now overpriced for what they are.

Definitely a fan

IMG_9074.jpeg

I had an oil change of Castrol Extended Performance 0W20 in my Tundra for the 1st oil change.

I found it noisy on startup, and moved away from it. Just a preference.

Purely guesswork on my part...
Used to use castrol in the mustang. But the Trax seems a little noisier with castrol compared to others. Could be me, a unique example of the Trax engine, whi knows.

I used Edge 5w40 on my old Infiniti. Remember it quieting an already pretty quiet engine.

Purely guesswork on my part...
Used to use castrol in the mustang. But the Trax seems a little noisier with castrol compared to others. Could be me, a unique example of the Trax engine, whi knows.
That engine is noisy no matter what you put in it. Pure garbage. My wife has one and currently trying to sell it after buying an Odyssey. Most problematic engine I've had in the 4 new cars I've owned.

I like to see a nice data sheet when choosing an oil, and Castrol seems to be the worst in the business when it comes to errors, inaccuracies, and omissions in their data sheets. I don't know if this lack of quality control in any way relates to the quality of the products themselves, but it's good enough reason for me to not consider using their oils.

Hate to break the news to ya but just about every name brand motor oil is “overpriced”. That’s reality.

Even store brands are now overpriced for what they are.

Hey, "Intelligent Molecules" are expensive give Castrol a break. :p

I've actually used a lot of Castrol in spite of their advertising, although it's been a while.

That engine is noisy no matter what you put in it. Pure garbage. My wife has one and currently trying to sell it after buying an Odyssey. Most problematic engine I've had in the 4 new cars I've owned.
I've had hiccups here and there. Minor issues I've resolved myself. I like it so much that I might try and snag an encore after this one goes to my son.

Hey, "Intelligent Molecules" are expensive give Castrol a break. :p

I've actually used a lot of Castrol in spite of their advertising, although it's been a while.
I’ve not noticed any cleaning Blake mentions. 4WD wasn’t impressed with how Castrol looked on his dipstick either. Like every other oil; love it or worship it

Used mostly Castrol over the last 24yrs of motoring. Used to be Syntec and later the Edge Euro line. I've branched out to other brands over the last 10yrs, not because of any issues with the BP products.

Back