Any Castrol fans on here?

M1 gets recommended on here alot and for good reason so I'm wondering if anyone here exclusively uses Castrol products? I currently got Castrol in my Toyota

For the last 4-5 years, until I started doing oil changes myself again, I used a local oil change shop that used Castrol exclusively. I have no complaints to speak of.

What reason is that, because they tend to advertise the most ? You'd be hard-pressed to find a "bad" oil from any of the major players (including auto parts store brand oil).
The UOAs seem to be pretty positive most of the time

This is my first use of any CASTROL oil . It's CASTROL Edge w/ Titanium Advanced 5w-30 ( S.P ) in the '18 Accent which shows 5w-20 on the oil cap . Seems quieter and gas mileage hasn't changed much , if any . The oil filter is the FRAM Titanium FS9688 ( w/o wire mesh :( ) . May go with the EDGE 5w-20 for the ACCENT and 0w-20 for the FIT in the fall .

I used to use Castrol Magnatec in my Frontier and liked it, but they quite making it. Edge was supposed to be the replacement but it just seemed to make the valvetrain noisier? Maybe OCD. Switched to M1EP. Think I'll stay till they change.

What reason is that, because they tend to advertise the most ? You'd be hard-pressed to find a "bad" oil from any of the major players (including auto parts store brand oil).
Yep, definitely advertising. Not saying there is anything wrong with M1, I've used it before, but they probably spend the most on marketing out of any manufacturer.

I got 335,000 miles out of my '88 Toyota pickup using GTX 20w-50 and I sold it to a guy that was going to ship it to South America. It would not surprise me if that truck was still running today. I also still use the same oil today in my BMW motorcycle that is approaching 100,000 miles.

I have no issues with Castrol oil.

Last edited:
I put Castrol Edge 5w50 in my tuff torq transmission a little while back. I used Castrol GTX back in the 90's and early 2000's. They were the series sponsor for the CASCAR series so supported them and had good luck. The older I have gotten the less brand loyal I am to oil companies. Some things will never change like Heinz ketchup and Coke, but oil 🤷‍♂️

Just my $0.02

I used to use Castrol Magnatec in my Frontier and liked it, but they quite making it. Edge was supposed to be the replacement but it just seemed to make the valvetrain noisier? Maybe OCD. Switched to M1EP. Think I'll stay till they change.
It's interesting I just went to their website and, at least globally, they're still making it. Maybe it's just in the US they stopped selling the brand.

Castrol (especially the green, but all flavors) were VERY in vogue here a decade ago. It's fine oil, as is any of the top 10 major manufacturers. They sell hundreds of thousands of quarts per year, they wouldn't be doing that if it was making engines go splat.

Must be something about Nissans.... My G35 did exactly the same. I think Castrol just re-named Magnatec to GTX, didn't they ? It's in a silver bottle now. I'm using it and it's quiet just like Magnatec.

Yes always on my 2018 Mk4 Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost 125hp and my previous Ford's 😊
20200103_085414.jpg

I put Castrol Edge 5w50 in my tuff torq transmission a little while back. I used Castrol GTX back in the 90's and early 2000's. They were the series sponsor for the CASCAR series so supported them and had good luck. The older I have gotten the less brand loyal I am to oil companies. Some things will never change like Heinz ketchup and Coke, but oil 🤷‍♂️

Just my $0.02
Hunt's ketchup is better than Heinz but a bit harder to find in stores. Just say'in. :D

Back