Any 17+ GTI's running Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per email with Amsoil, EFM has official VW 502/505 approval and the data sheet PDF is not up to date.

The product page on the website lists the approvals correctly.

Originally Posted by StevieC
Originally Posted by MilesToEmpty
The VW GTI forum guys tell me to do 3500-5000... which I think is nuts since VW recommends 10k, which is what I go by. I was considering doing 7500, but the blackstone tests have come back good not indicating any reason to. My wife drives about 20k a year and its usually highway driving, or driving 20min trips between work locations. Iv'e still got one oil change worth of LiquiMoly left before I need to stock up.

With the GTI being a DI engine, is there anything I should be running through it to clean out the carbon? Every time we take it to VW they try to sell us a $400 service on cleaning the engine which I of course decline.

My aunts 2.0 TFSI in her Tiguan is having carbon buildup on the valves causing multiple cylinder misfire. We have used 2 rounds of CRC Intake Valve / GDI / Turbo cleaner through the intake to correct the issue after she was quoted $800 for a valve cleaning, I'm installing a catch can for whatever benefit it can provide her and we are switching her to a more conservative oil change interval than what VW calls for. I also advised her to run a PEA based fuel system cleaner through the fuel tank every oil change or so to keep the injectors running at their optimum level to keep the engine running as efficient as possible.

Whether you will have the same issues with your vehicle or not I don't know but these are the steps we took to help correct the issues with her VW.

EGR delete!
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back