AMSOIL vs. any other brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question. I typically use Royal Purple Full Synthetic 5W20 in my truck. I have had oil analysis' done and the RP seems to be doing pretty well in my truck. I also have a motorcycle and have been using the Royal Purple Synthetic Motorcycle oil. Here lies the question. A friend of mine pointed out that AMSOIL is the best synthetic oil made. He also showed me a study that was done for AMSOIL by an independent testing lab that used 12 different ASTM test methods for motorcycle oils.
The study basically found that AMSOIL was the best of 12 different types of SAE 40 Grade Motorcycle Oils. The following is the link:

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2156.pdf

Since I am but a novice at this and I want to use the best oil in my truck and my motorcycle, should I believe this report since it was actually done for AMSOIL? Are these testing methods legit?

I am convinced that I need to start using the AMSOIL in my motorcycle but not so sure about my truck as I can't find any oil studies for AMSOIL vs. RP

Please look at the study and tell me what you guys think.

Give me all the advice that you can think of.

I really don't have good advise for you concerning these two brands, but I can't wait for the replies that will follow.

Oh what the heck, I will advise. Mobil 1 makes an excellent 5W20 for your truck and they also make some excellent motorcycle oils. Should be easy to find in Ft.Worth, my second favorite city.

Last edited:
Amsoil is a great oil. No harm will come from using it. Same thing with RP. Whatever makes your gut feel better, do it.

As long as you're going a Long OCI, they say it's worth it. If you're going to dump it at 3K, at least do us the service of letting us lottery to come get the dumped oil. That goes for PP, RP, M1, or ABC, easy as 1-2-3. If you're running syns, whatever the brand, at least have the decency to go long.

Even if Amsoil is the "best" synthetic oil on the market, it is not readily available such as Mobil, Royal Purple, etc... I personally like being able to purchase locally at Wal-Mart or an auto parts store.

I can go **** in Falls Church or Pablo, which I will be pretty soon for a bypass system, and then LONG OCI with by-passed synthetic. I'm almost past the tyranny of the factory warranty. I'm good with syn, I'm good with dino, but the expensive synthetics are for lazy folks that go long OCI. Eco-wise (not to get political) and resource-wise, long drains with GroupIII and IV synthetics has to be best, but that's just me.

Royal Purple Max-Cycle sheard out of grade...shocking...
27.gif

not surprising.

for the bike you can use any hdeo such as rotella 15w40, chevron delo 400 15w40, mobil delvac 1300 15w40, rotella 5w40 syn and be well protected. the rotella line as well as M1 15w50 is a favorite among many riders.

there are plenty of uoa's on here with them both. study them up.

there is a uoa of rotella 15w40 after 8000 miles in a goldwing that came back excellent

Amsoil is a wonderful oil and I made the switch recently. I was doing short OCI's and wasting a lot of money with three plus oil changes a year and you can save money with Amsoil. You change once a year and have better protection and it costs less than multiple oil changes. It just makes better sense. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Never crossed my mind. Maybe that's it's name, "The Independent Lab".
More like The Amsoil Independent Lab...

Originally Posted By: jarvk22
Ever wonder why Amsoil will never name that INDEPENDENT LAB.

Simple reason. Lab (and Amsoil) does not want individuals contacting the lab. Please name Mobil's indepedent lab? RP's? Redline's? SOPUS's?

In the past Amsoil has uses SWRI.

what an ignorant statement... they don't name the lab for hassle and legal reasons. it has nothing to do with the truth of the process.

Originally Posted By: jarvk22
BennyL: I have a beautiful bridge in Brooklyn I will sell you VERY VERY CHEAP.

So why don't you just clearly say Amsoil just made all the data up? Why are you beating around the bush, if you are so sure?

Next we might actually ask for proof from you. Imagine that!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back