Anther Brave Tasering by police upon a deaf person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... the socially responsible thing to do would be NOT to sue for money ..but for change in policy. Unfortunately, it takes budget impact to effect public policy. Corrective action is what is needed ..not a bunch of money throw at it to make it go away.

LOL.gif

02.gif

This little thing actually looks a bit like a guy being tasered and hauled off to the goulag. We need a taser smiley for when someone gets out of control.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Do you guys all have taser fear?

Nope, just don't want anyone else to end up like Jean Charles de Menezes, whether using firearms, or "non lethal" technologies.

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Do you have illegal immigrant fear?

I have illegal immigrant hate. Does that count?

Make the leap....
You comment on the taser threads implying we're afraid of tasers. So based on the number of your former comments about illegals, one could infer that you have a fear of them.
I hope the guy sues the daylights out of the cops and wins big. Enough of that and maybe they'll stop playing cowboy so much.
Hmmm. I wonder...
I recall many comments from various BITOGERs about how they'd not hesitate to throw serious damage at home invaders. Does that include errant fuzz?

You must be confusing me with someone else.

If a rogue cop came in my house and threatened my innocent family, I would shoot him dead. Unfortunately you know where that would land me.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
I'm sure there are some people on this forum who'd line up if there were a "taser mori" opportunity.
That's putting it lightly, it's more like camping out in front of an AutoZone on Black Friday to get a free case of GC; they'll put up a tent and wait a month!

So the police get called to a shooting, they surprise the man they have to assume is the shooter, he starts frantically waving his arm and doesn't comply with their demands so they taser him. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. The police can't respond to every shooting report and before entering the area ask the suspect if he has any disabilities, they have to act quick for the safety of the public and themselves. Its not the fault of the police that someone mistook some sound for a gunfire. Why would he sue them anyway? They were doing their jobs to the best of their ability. I've been tased before (demonstration) and its not great fun but its no big deal really. Its not like they burnt down his house and refused to pay for it.

Originally Posted By: Warlord
They were doing their jobs to the best of their ability.

But their "best" is not a good enough excuse. Their "best" sucketh.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
the deaf guy should get to tase all the cops who busted in his house. fair justice

Until he hears them say "uncle" :D

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Maybe he had a howitzer under that towel?

I guess that could have been the weapon "pointed" at them?
48.gif

I think so.

Don't worry, Mark. The supply of exotics will not be reduced. Just the supply of desperate ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back