Stopped by a really nice cop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for posting this because I am not trying to be argumentative.

"Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

I do not want to be stopped unless I am actually doing something wrong and if an officer wants to be helpful and let me know about an issue with my car he/she should do so as a helpful friend, not a suspicious government official. One can tell right away by looking at my car that it is maintained well.

I got a 57 in a 55 in light traffic ... was put behind his cage while he had to learn how being self insured worked ...
I had a business suit on - (only time I had that view) ... judge was known to be a one way jerk ... it was actually a car that surged a hair when you pressed resume on cruise - so guilty of 57 !!! Paid

Some cops are awesome and some are POS like in every profession. Appreciate the awesome cops.

Only once had a cop on a bad day experience. My last stop was morning July 3rd after a long night and as soon as I saw lights in mirror I headed for the turn lane and very hard braking. Was asked by her if I had been startled a bit and replied yes and she said she was as well as my hard braking had surprised her as well. She wanted my insurance info but that was in the glove box that had just been removed to service the AC and was asked about my past infraction and that was in 2010, warning while working for goverment. She came back and said slow down and I told her to be safe and visit the local fireworks display I was to deliver later.

I went riding with my brother's friend from high school and he now was a cop (Homestead, FL).

The guy did not give traffic tickets, but led the police agency in DUI arrests. One night we were in a high drug area and he arrest a crack dealer.

Basically he only cared about DUI and drug arrests. I asked what would he do if he saw two cars drag racing... he said he would race the other cars in his patrol car.

Good. Main function is to reduce crime - real crime (57 in 55?) - but radar is cash king ...

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Good to hear. My only negative experience with an officer was in San Diego. Two of the other officers he was with seemed fine. After he gave me the jay walking ticket he was nice as can be but prior to that he wasn't. I crossed in the cross walk just didn't have the walk light. I crossed since there were no cars around. When I mentioned what happened to a friend that lives there she said the same thing happened to her. She didn't pay it and when she moved there many years later the fine went from 100 to around 1200.

Should be $12,000.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Some cops are awesome and some are POS like in every profession. Appreciate the awesome cops.

I suppose there might be three or four left in the country...

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

The leftist media has done a great job tainting your thinking I see..

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I have seen more than a few suspects arrested do to traffic stops. Often they have warrants for violent crimes, sex offenses, and drug/human trafficking.

Exactly. That's how the vast majority of arrest warrants are executed in the first place. No one gets arrested for a basic failure to appear when he's hiding in his basement, that's for darned sure. Nor does it happen when he's shopping, minding his own business, unless he gets recognized. He gets checked in a vehicle, and he's finished.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

You go with that.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Have you noticed how EVERY story of a cop shooting a suspect is presented by the media as "police shoots unarmed ***** man?" If that isn't pushing an agenda, I don't know what is...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Stelth
It turned out to be a bad brake light switch, which was an easy replacement. The officer was so pleasant that I feel bad that I didn't get his name and call or email his department to compliment him.

There'll very likely be a record of the stop somewhere - I'll bet if you contacted the department and let them know the time and location of the stop they'd be able to figure out who it was.

Why don't you leave the country then. I'll send you 25 bucks from paypal to help.

The sad thing is the folks touting the BLM/Hate Cops stuff are repeating exactly what they were told to think by the same corrupt media that tried their best to deceive the entire country!

Originally Posted By: Al

Why don't you leave the country then. I'll send you 25 bucks from paypal to help.

People with his view usually can't abide by the law...

Most of my experience has been when I was stopped by the side of the road dealing with the "prince of darkness." Most recently, I had what turned out to be a dead igniting coil and the friend who was with me had left to walk back and rob the ignition system from his car. In any case, the officer helped me push my car off into a parked by lot(a decent distance) but moved his car several times and also block the intersection while I pushed through it. He never even asked my name, much less for my papers.

Originally Posted By: bunnspecial
Most of my experience has been when I was stopped by the side of the road dealing with the "prince of darkness." Most recently, I had what turned out to be a dead igniting coil and the friend who was with me had left to walk back and rob the ignition system from his car. In any case, the officer helped me push my car off into a parked by lot(a decent distance) but moved his car several times and also block the intersection while I pushed through it. He never even asked my name, much less for my papers.

Prince of darkness = Lucas?

Interesting range of reactions to my little story. I've been hassled by the cops a few times, particularly when I was fishing (stationary target?), though not by the Fish and Game officers, who were always cordial. But I'll repeat that this guy was very nice, and I appreciated his help. I don't seek out interaction with on-duty police, so when I do talk to them, it's usually because there's an issue. It was nice of this officer to tell me about my brake lights, and help me diagnose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back