Answer from Castrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
what they are saying is the both forumalations meet the minimum testing standards, that says nothing about one oil being better than the other as nothing is said about any of the oils meeting higher standards. So you are left to think about which forumlation ultimately performs best, in terms of minimum standards they both meet them and in Castrol's definition they are the same. As oil nuts we know some oils can perform better than other irregardless of them meeting the same standards.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
G...err...Castrol SLX 0w30

Yes, Z, you ARE getting it!
grin.gif

I should search before I ask, but my presidential campaign is eating up all my time. . . Has anyone done VOAs or UOAs on the yellow label stuff so we can tell for sure? I don't doubt that IF the yellow label DID comply with the higher A3 standard, and thus presumably perform "better," it would be marked A3. But I'd really like to see a scientific indication of just how much difference there really is in such things as viscosity stability, TBN retention, HT/HS vis, etc.

Forget the YELLOW label stuff for a minute....

Does anyone know if the RED label "Made in USA" stuff is green as well? I've never looked...actually, I think all the Red label stuff here is "Made in Germany".

If not, reply by asking them why the "Made in Germany" version is green??? Same formula?

quote:

Originally posted by Don Stevens:

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
.....the US Syntec 0w-30 meets all the same specs as the German one.

This is true. They both are an SL rated oil. Will they perform the same? In a tamely driven street car over a 3000 mile drain interval. Yeah probably so. In a 400 HP Grand Am cup Corvette endurance racer? I don't think so.

Don

I'm sure this Castrol user uses the U.S. made stuff:
 -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back