Another stealership horror story.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. I’ve put in five California zip codes, spread out over the state, not one store says it’s available.

Scott
For batteries, I think you have to go into the store. Maybe they don't want you ordering one due to high shipping costs, but they have it in stock in the stores. Searching around me, all the ones seem to be out of stock at all the stores but I know they have some in the stores.

I just paid $152 which included tax for a new Motorcraft battery from the local Ford dealer for my 2014 Mustang GT. It was replacing the original battery which was almost 9 years old and was getting kind of sluggish when starting.

As far as testing a battery, I'm sure the dealer has a battery tester that they can hook up to the battery to tell whether it's bad or not. Probably takes five minutes to test. I have a Solar brand battery tester that I bought years ago and it only cost like $30 or $40 and works great. I couldn't see on the invoice what they charged her for diagnosing the issue.

My son got ripped off like that at a local tire shop to replace a broken W clip on the rear brakes of his Cavalier. They charged him $125 just for that plus they were removing all of that stuff anyway to replace the wheel bearing which they also charged an additional $125 in labor to do. When we did the rear brakes on this car a few weeks later, I showed him how easy it was to remove and replace this clip. I told him he should have brought it to me to fix.

My nephew paid 900 for a battery and body module at the local honda dealer. i aksed him what happened and he said his car would not start and he was able to jump it and bring to the dealer. they told him the battery was bad and also a body module. i asked him why he did not leave and call me. he said they would not let him leave and it was illegal to leave with the car if this condition . what a crock.

i told him to call me first in case of car problems . i told him they should have at least given him some lube.

My nephew paid 900 for a battery and body module at the local honda dealer. i aksed him what happened and he said his car would not start and he was able to jump it and bring to the dealer. they told him the battery was bad and also a body module. i asked him why he did not leave and call me. he said they would not let him leave and it was illegal to leave with the car if this condition . what a crock.

i told him to call me first in case of car problems . i told him they should have at least given him some lube.
Man he should've told them if they've got the balls to physically stop him then bring it on.

Some basic battery preventive maintenance would have likely avoided this. Nobody noticed this the last time it was in for an oil change?
Probably not. The battery is buried under a large computer board that must be removed to access the battery.

However, with out disassembly there is no way to know how they really look, or the performance fall off since it would be gradual. I would think many vehicles-for example are going to have some amount of dirt in the bottom of the gas tank with time and/or millage or both.
But your comment assumes there IS a drop off in performance and therefore, the injectors need cleaning. I would wager that the vast majority of cars NEVER need injector cleaning. I have been driving fuel injected cars since 1986. Never in all that time and including the wife's and kids cars, have I had an injector cleaned. Nor have I noticed this "drop off in performance" you speak of. It's all BS, they basically don't go bad and if they do, you'll get a check engine light. The $200 spent on a can og BG was a total waste....total.

Where can i get one of those? Batteries here in my part of the neighborhood are pushing 100.00 plus for a group 78.
Walmart. One year warranty only on a group 34 or36 I think.I n my opinion, a battery warranty is not worth the hassle when they are $55.

I just paid $25 install labor and $200+ for a battery itself at Oreilly/VIP auto on a freezing rain Sunday. I posted and people thought that was overpriced but $700 is obscene.

Looking deeper they sold me the platinum battery but have down to $119 economy.

I am curious if this battery last longer than my normal 3 years in Honda/Acura.

But your comment assumes there IS a drop off in performance and therefore, the injectors need cleaning. I would wager that the vast majority of cars NEVER need injector cleaning. I have been driving fuel injected cars since 1986. Never in all that time and including the wife's and kids cars, have I had an injector cleaned. Nor have I noticed this "drop off in performance" you speak of. It's all BS, they basically don't go bad and if they do, you'll get a check engine light. The $200 spent on a can og BG was a total waste....total.
Especially on a car that came in with a dead battery issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back