another one married!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Married off my middle Daughter last evening, what a great kid. I even like her husband!

The story: BIG dinner at high end steak house (Charley's in Tampa) for 19 people. This is going to be costly!

So before dinner my ex is pointedly telling me how "these kids shouldn't have to buy their own dinner", etc. Acting like a big deal even after I told her I got it.

When we sit down at our table and she saw the menu she reneged instantly! I had a hard time getting her and her boyfriend to man up for an extra tip!!!!

Figures.

Hehe...people are funny..
lol.gif

Congrats to you though..
04.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Send her a bill. Kids were 50/50 deal, right? It's on her to support 50%

+1. I wouldn't expect her to pay it, but dropping it in the mail would still bring a smile to my face.
laugh.gif

-Spyder

My current wife said I should have sent a bill to her and her man for their dinner alone. But I didn't. Don't want to resemble her way of doing things.

Not to sound too catty but she hasn't paid for ANYTHING related to my three kids since they were 8, 10, and 12.

At least my new in-laws are very cool people. There wasn't a one of them who didn't come up to me and thank me personally and try to pay some of the bill.

I look at it this way: I didn't have to pay any extravagant expenses but this one. My daughter would not let me, she is fiercely and proudly independent. So a thousand dollar dinner was actually cheap!!!

Wow, Steve, did you marry and divorce my ex after I was out of the picture? No, no could't have. Maybe my ex and your's were twins.
It took a while, but I smile every time I think of the answer as to why divorces cost so much. They are worth it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ

It took a while, but I smile every time I think of the answer as to why divorces cost so much. They are worth it.

+1. I was 'lucky' in that growing up in a divorced household, with my father on his way to his second divorce before I even turned 18, I entered adulthood as one tempered with a mild aversion to it already. That deepened even further in my early 20s when a gf pulled the post-breakup false pregnancy trick to get back together (she later admitted she had made it up just to get back together, playing my instinct to do the right thing).

After that the whole idea was a total turn off to me. Of course admitting as much to the opposite sex is tantamount to condemning oneself to a lifetime of one nights stands (as women, no matter how liberated they are, if they are my age or younger, and especially if they have never been married, always test guys on this early on and a 'no' answer to the marriage as possibility is the last you will see of them), I skirted the question for as long as I could.

By the time I could skirt it no longer, things were already to the point where I'd be either open to it as a future possibility, or could simply give the outright dismissal - whichever better fit how I truly felt toward the girl in question.

Anyway, having managed to avoid it thus far in life, I've still done the live in sin together thing a couple times for long enough periods to appreciate the simple truth in the 'its worth it' answer.
laugh.gif

-Spyder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back