Another oil from Valvoline…

Those are very good points. I think the breakthrough they are claiming comes likely from the additive side (just guessing). Sounds impressive for what it is.

As you also said, if you went the other/higher costly route using those high solvency group V base oils that are full SAPS, that would increase the cost significantly. Those oils are designed for extreme heavy-duty service and longer OCI. (HPL/Amsoil SS etc).
I will only additive is what gives this oil cleaning ability but I guess of ester base oil of 2 to 10 percent group 5 base oil that has cleaning ability and additives will help keep engine oil sludge and deposit soluble.

I signed up for the website-if they want to send me some 5W30 for my Express I’ll test it & see how effective it is at cleaning out carbon (of which it has a fair amount)…

There have been threads citing research that suggests too frequent OCs can increase wear through the add packs stripping the tribological film. (That’s the best I can state it. I’m no expert.) is it possible an oil could clean too well? Just a thought.

New Restore & Protect Premium Full Synthetic is the biggest breakthrough in motor oil since Valvoline introduced it 150 years ago. With continuous use, Valvoline’s proprietary Active Clean technology removes up to 100% of deposits, while its exclusive Liqui-Shield technology works to prevent future deposit formation. A clean engine minimizes friction between metal surfaces, helping to improve fuel economy. Valvoline Restore & Protect is the best motor oil for any age vehicle, from a new car’s first oil change to high-mileage vehicles. There’s no other motor oil like it. Valvoline Restore and Protect Premium Full Synthetic helps maximize fuel economy, horsepower, and engine life. We made it first, so you can keep your pistons factory clean. Renew. Restore. Repeat. (*Up to 100% piston deposit removal when used as directed for four or more consecutive oil changes at standard maintenance intervals, based on adapted sequence IIIH testing.)
Any word on when they will roll this stuff out??? It seems when a company claims it’s the biggest rollout in 150 years they would tease us with a date?? People have posted reviews online so where the hell is it??

And with that this becomes the next BITOG cleaning oil obsession.
I don’t think it is hogwash but at the same time it’s underhanded that when you look at the product on THEIR website it directs you to Autozone which has none of said product, but their other products. Ergo, the deception is moving the needle towards “hogwash.”

Any word on when they will roll this stuff out??? It seems when a company claims it’s the biggest rollout in 150 years they would tease us with a date?? People have posted reviews online so where the hell is it??
I saw it at my local AutoZone two days ago. Price was $38.99 if I recall correctly.

It's definitely group III based (nothing wrong with that at all) and the supposed breakthrough they claim likely comes from a novel additive system of some sort. The oil appears to be aimed at "normal" service intervals per Valvoline.

It's definitely group III based (nothing wrong with that at all) and the supposed breakthrough they claim likely comes from a novel additive system of some sort. The oil appears to be aimed at "normal" service intervals per Valvoline.

What are you basing "definitely group III based" upon?

I What are you basing "definitely group III based" upon? [/QUOTE] SDS and Pour Point. That doesn't mean there aren't other base oils in there. [ATTACH type="full said:
193637[/ATTACH]

Their PDS explicitly says the cleaning agent is part of the additive package.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231218-211039.jpg
    Screenshot_20231218-211039.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 98
I'm really curious to find out what gives this oil it's superior cleaning power then?
All they tell you is "innovative additive technology."

It may be good at that, but jury is out on everything else - turbo protection, longer drains, oxidation resistance, shear stability etc.

I checked around Walmart last night in my area, It appears the Extended Protection isn't being restocked like the others Valvoline synthetics. Hopefully these aren't Autozone exclusive.

Back