Another New Vehicle Thread

Good luck with the sale. You definitely have a low time Ody, and assuming you have done the the timing belt service due to time, it’s worth your asking price.

LOL, Your experiences seems consistent to my past with selling to the under $10k crowd. Given the interest so far, I’d stick with it but just be upfront that you will sell to whoever shows up with the $$ in hand.

I've sold about 10 cars over the years, all of them under 10K.
I've never had anything as bizarre as this.
It really is a nice van, compared to what is available in the area.
Hope to get it sold tomorrow, to either of the two.

When I sell a car, which is rare, I tell perspective buyers first person with bank check gets the car.
Everyone gets treated equal.

2 years ago I sold a perfect 2017 Accord Sport. Everyone wanted it. A car dealer came from about 100 miles south with a check and a 2nd driver.

Check out the RAV4 Hybrid and the Honda CRV Hybrid. Why? Both are Atkinson cycle gas engines with NO GDI. The Toyota has an all gear CVT and the Honda has a clutch coupling giving direct gas engine drive. No CVT. Both should last a long time and are available with all wheel drive. Both will get remarkable gas mileage. The Highlander Hybrid should be similar to the RAV4.

Ford is going the route of the multiple engine choices like they had in the 60’s and 70’s except now as in the Escape, you have to choose from a couple of four cylinder turbos, a four cylinder hybrid and a four cylinder with a plug-in electric.

Met the buyers at their CU this morning.
It's sold.
Got home and there was another phone call on it.
Guy was ready to come and pay cash for it today.
Guess he looked at it yesterday when I wasn't around.
She went to the title bureau and the BMV and got both.
I put the tag on it for her and she drove off.
One last thing to worry about.

Update: Have about 850 miles on it now. Both Mrs Tdbo and myself are happy with it.
However, have made two trips to WV in the last two weeks.
Last week, my cousin who has a 2014 RAV4 she bought new and has always regretted, caught a case of new car fever after I bought the Pilot.
She really liked the Pilot, but decided that she wanted to go look at a new Highlander.
She got a severe case of sticker shock for her trouble. After some negotiation, they quoted her a price on a mid level Highlander. For the price they quoted her, I could buy my Pilot OTD, take a nice vacation, put a couple of grand in the bank, and still have money left over. That price they quoted her also was not an OTD price.
She then got real interested in Pilots. She looked locally and could not come any where close to what I paid.
She called and asked for assistance. I hooked her up with the dealership and the GM and the salesperson I dealt with. They had what she wanted, and she told them over the phone that she would take it if they gave her the same deal that I negotiated. They did, and I ended up taking her down last Tuesday to pick it up. Exact same vehicle as ours, except she chose white with tan leather.
The interesting thing was while I was down there, our salesperson said to me "I wish you had brought yours with you."
I asked why. When I bought it ,I knew there were two outstanding recalls on it. I figured that Honda would just notify me by mail and I would get it done locally. I guess the dealership released about four other vehicles besides mine that had not had the recall done on them, and Honda was not happy about that. He asked me to please have it done quickly, and to text him after I have it done.
I called two of the largest dealers in my area, and they did not have the materials to do it, and told me it would be at least a month.
I texted him back, and he pleaded with me to come to WV to have it done, to the point that they would pay for my fuel. I agreed, went down, and they did the recall+ replaced a defective piece of trim that we noticed before we took delivery. He had that ordered and ready to go.
Hopefully, we are good to go for awhile. Funny that a dealer that is less than 15 miles down the road from a major Honda assembly plant did not have the materials to do the recall with, but a dealer in WV had the ability to do so.
Guess that's another reason I don't buy cars locally.

Of the vehicles listed, go for the Lexus. $10K off MSRP should be easy. They are offering 0% financing and other discounts I believe.
Once you have owned Lexus quality, there is no going back. The RX is their #1 seller, by far.
There are always lease returns as well; you can do a little better on a "gently used" RX.
Lexus lease offerings are one of the best of any make so they lease a ton of 'em.
If your budget allows, look at the 450h; the mileage and resale are strong.
Definitely buy the AWD.

Perhaps go test drive the futuristic Model Y ?
Good luck.

I will agree with this. We were looking at buying a new 4runner to replace an outback. Then I came across the Lexus GX460. We test drove it on a Friday bought it the next day. It is a ‘19 Lexus CPO. The dealership is great. They give loaners for any kind of service. Our last free scheduled maintenance we were loaned a 2020 RX. My wife really liked it but really like our GX460. The reliability is made us by the Lexus. The 4Runner was close but the interior and v8 made the difference for us.

I will agree with this. We were looking at buying a new 4runner to replace an outback. Then I came across the Lexus GX460. We test drove it on a Friday bought it the next day. It is a ‘19 Lexus CPO. The dealership is great. They give loaners for any kind of service. Our last free scheduled maintenance we were loaned a 2020 RX. My wife really liked it but really like our GX460. The reliability is made us by the Lexus. The 4Runner was close but the interior and v8 made the difference for us.
Enjoy your beautiful GX!

It is really hard to buy a bad vehicle theses days (just stay away from Fiat/Chrysler) so I would buy the one the wife likes.
You should reevaluate. Here, FCA has two of the top four vehicles rated.

"What's more, the quality of mainstream brands has improved greatly in recent years. In this year's survey, four mainstream brands took the top slots in the survey: Fiat Chrysler Automobiles' Dodge, Hyundai Motor Group's Kia, GM's Chevrolet and FCA's Ram."

Also, check out RAM sales.

I’m sure people have a,ready answered this, but the Pilot doesn’t have a timing belt anymore, it’s a chain. And we all love chains, until we don’t (because of chain guides, stretch and having to replace the chain). It I personally think if you take care of the vehicle and don’t buy a vehicle with known chain issues, you’re great.

I’d go with the Lexus RX350. Beautiful interior, exterior and history of reliability. But I do say HISTORY - and that’s touchy nowadays with manufacturers because things change so quickly - I’ve heard of transmission shifting issues with the RX now, and if you go to forums, you’ll see that there are some issues with rattles, etc. It’s a direct injected engine too...have no idea how that’s going for them, with oil consumption or not. But I do LOVE the look of the newer RX350’s.

I’m sure people have a,ready answered this, but the Pilot doesn’t have a timing belt anymore, it’s a chain. And we all love chains, until we don’t (because of chain guides, stretch and having to replace the chain). It I personally think if you take care of the vehicle and don’t buy a vehicle with known chain issues, you’re great.

I’d go with the Lexus RX350. Beautiful interior, exterior and history of reliability. But I do say HISTORY - and that’s touchy nowadays with manufacturers because things change so quickly - I’ve heard of transmission shifting issues with the RX now, and if you go to forums, you’ll see that there are some issues with rattles, etc. It’s a direct injected engine too...have no idea how that’s going for them, with oil consumption or not. But I do LOVE the look of the newer RX350’s.
Nope, all Pilots (J35s) still have a belt, not a chain.

So which is it, belt or chain? Any links to a source?
Screenshot_20210221-213135.jpg

Back