android or iPhone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Iphone 4 4 LIFE ! alway buy otterbox case for it, I drop it countless of time and never break the screen.

btw wth is android ?

Am I the only one seeing the oxymoron when people praise how their iPhone has such a high built quality, not like those "cheap" Androids, only to have their phone wrapped up in an ugly protective cover that looks like a brick?

I'm sorry, but if this phone needs this type of cover to stay protected, I'll pass on the "cool", but utterly useless exterior design.
otterbox%20iphone.jpg

da7b0bcbb586ede4c64d5d9657b6956a.jpg

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's it. I am starting a "Chevy or Ford" thread.
grin.gif

chevy ! , have 3 camaro z28, 1 mustang, drive mustang every day, keep those camaro for weekent drive hehe

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Iphone 4 4 LIFE ! alway buy otterbox case for it, I drop it countless of time and never break the screen.

btw wth is android ?

Am I the only one seeing the oxymoron when people praise how their iPhone has such a high built quality, not like those "cheap" Androids, only to have their phone wrapped up in an ugly protective cover that looks like a brick?

I'm sorry, but if this phone needs this type of cover to stay protected, I'll pass on the "cool", but utterly useless exterior design.
otterbox%20iphone.jpg

da7b0bcbb586ede4c64d5d9657b6956a.jpg

Red case with black phone look really nice ( that is what I currently have ), and white phone with black case ( is what my gf currently have )those look really nice. both our iphone 4s running T-Mobile hehe. I understand you guy phone of choice and I respect that, but my choice is alway an iphone/ipad
smile.gif

there was a NPR reporting piece on it last night.
according to one study iphones are more common in affluent, girls, dressed in designer clothes, west USA, and 30% market share.
android more common in less affluent, boys, dressed in jeans, midwest USA, and 50% market share.

there are both iphones in my family and I can tell you that android is for people who like to mod phones a lot while the new iphones are a pain to unlock or jailbrake these days and apple keeps fighting back.

I also see google less evil than apple now.

I don't see any oxymorons here. Otterbox sells a Defender case for the iPhone that completely wraps the phone and includes a built-in screen protector. And it also sells a Defender case for any number of other phones:

Otterbox Defender Cases

There are FIVE PAGES of phones for which they sell Defender cases. People want to protect their device, whether it's a Motorola, HTC, Samsung, Nokia, Apple, etc. I don't think that's an oxymoron. Build quality is more than simply a pretty exterior. What I really enjoy is the tactile feel of the buttons. On my old phone, I couldn't tell that I pressed the volume buttons until the volume control indicator appeared on the screen. And I would often make the mistake of pressing them (because I couldn't feel them), and wouldn't know I was holding the button until the indicator came up on screen (and then my volume setting was changed). The buttons on the iPhone have a very nice "click" to them when operated.

Car manufacturers spend tons of money getting button feel on power window switches and radio switches just right. Why shouldn't phone manufacturers do the same? Small details like this are a big part of overall user satisfaction.

I vote iPhone.

I had a large screen, 4G, HTC Android phone. Before that, the Mytouch, and before that the G1 (first android phone).

I prefer the iPhone and iOS over anything else.

But, you and your GF should just go play with both androids and iPhones at the stores. Make up your own minds!

I must have missed the memo. . .

I use and carry my 4S without a case just fine. . . . . . .

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's it. I am starting a "Chevy or Ford" thread.
grin.gif

chevy ! , have 3 camaro z28, 1 mustang, drive mustang every day, keep those camaro for weekent drive hehe

Haha and I`ll step in and start an import vs domestic thread hehe :^)

I switched from an iPhone 3G to a HTC Inspire 4G 1 1/2 years ago.

I'm a big fan of Android phones:

Hardware:
- Uses a standard USB cable.
- Removable battery.
- Removable Micro SD card.
- Can be used as a "memory stick" for transferring files between computers.
- Doesn't require iTunes.
- Can be reverse tethered (I'm not sure the correct name) to a PC, when WiFi isn't available.

- Google integration is nice, esp. for contacts & calendar.
- Google Navigation.
- Can sideload apps.
- Support for Amazon music streaming & appstore.
- Interface can be customized.

When it comes down to it, I think a lot of it is just preference. Play around with several different phones for awhile and go with your gut.

Originally Posted By: kb01
- Removable battery.
- Removable Micro SD card.

I agree with most of your list as Android pros, but use caution with these two. That is, one can't assume that an Android phone will have a removable battery or a removable microSD card anymore. The Droid 4 my wife had shortly didn't have a removable battery, and many Androids are moving away from removable cards now as well.

former Android user moved to iPhone

What I miss:

Google Navigation-free and no app I have seen on iPhone can top this incredible app. You drive up to your destination and even get a picture of it. Has real time traffic/issues etc.

Google Music-25GB free cloud space to store your Any of your music. You can pull down playlists and use offline or avoid data charges. Works on anything with web browser/internet connection so you can move around including apple. Apple iCloud does not allow for music to run except on their own devices.

Google Planet-incredible app for for star gazing and constellation locating

I just switched from an iPhone 4S to a HTC One X and couldn't be happier. Once you get used to the Android experience, it is much better in my opinion. Things aren't as "simple" on an Android but you definitely have more customization and sometimes a larger screen, which was the main winner for me. I had my widgets that I need and use and after having the phone for 3 weeks I will never look back. I did see Apple in iOS 6 has stolen some more features that Android had and is implementing into theirs.

Anyways, to make it short, I vote Android.

Wife bought an iPhone 4S and many times now wishes she would have purchased something Android - Mainly because of the customization. There's just more you can do on a droid without rooting it to make it "your own".

JMHO YMMV

Originally Posted By: rjundi
former Android user moved to iPhone

What I miss:

Google Navigation-free and no app I have seen on iPhone can top this incredible app. You drive up to your destination and even get a picture of it. Has real time traffic/issues etc.

Google Music-25GB free cloud space to store your Any of your music. You can pull down playlists and use offline or avoid data charges. Works on anything with web browser/internet connection so you can move around including apple. Apple iCloud does not allow for music to run except on their own devices.

Google Planet-incredible app for for star gazing and constellation locating

Yap, and apple is severing anything google on iphones soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back