iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6+ (big screen Android owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really related to the topic but I thought it was interesting it came on the radio while looking at this thread. Apples says the plus only costs $15 more than the 6 to product. And sells for $100 more. So Apple surely wants you to choose that one.

The iPhone 5s is the tallest that will fit in a standard shirt front pocket.

Any larger is obnoxious, IMO. I wish the 6 would have just gone wider if anything.

Id have preferred 5s size with 6+ pixel density.

Don't know what I'll do for a next phone.

IMO the 6+ is too big, I like my LG 4.7 inch. Plus the iPhone 6 and 6+ are having problems (bending) while in people pockets.

I bet Jobs is turning over in his grave with the size of these phones.

It's not about what the market wants, it's about what I tell the market what it wants. Paraphrasing of course.

If you haven't heard or read the biography by Walter Issacson, it's quite interesting.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
I bet Jobs is turning over in his grave with the size of these phones.

It's not about what the market wants, it's about what I tell the market what it wants. Paraphrasing of course.

If you haven't heard or read the biography by Walter Issacson, it's quite interesting.

He would also be upset about the POOR quality.

I have a 4.7 inch moto x right now and it easily slides in my pockets. Wish the screen was bigger. Also had a Sony Ultra Z 6.4 and that was too big though I was able to get it in my pocket. I have many friends who have the Note and no problems fitting into my pocket. I'd say the perfect size for me would be 5-6 inch range. And FYI, I don't wear baggy pants. I usually wear slim straight like Levis 514 or 511. Hopefully that helps.

I went to the apple store because I was in the mall tonight.

The 6 regular size isn't noticeably longer than the 5s, but it is much bigger - too long for a shirt pocket, and uncomfortable in a pants pocket.

Interestingly, it is noticeably thinner and lighter then my 5s. Definitely had a completely different feel to it, which included a plastic-like feeling.

Not sure I'm the greatest fan, though the 128gb is compelling.

For a smaller phone, I say grab the reduced price 5s while you can. Or if you already have a 5s, have no regrets about keeping it. Other than the smaller screen and the Apple payments feature, it's very nearly the same performance-wise under the hood. It's also sturdier, IMO.

I'm not into these "phablets". Too big to be a phone, and too small to be a tablet.

If Apple abandons the small phone market, I think they are making a mistake.

Originally Posted By: Volvohead
For a smaller phone, I say grab the reduced price 5s while you can. Or if you already have a 5s, have no regrets about keeping it. Other than the smaller screen and the Apple payments feature, it's very nearly the same performance-wise under the hood. It's also sturdier, IMO.

And you can keep it alive using ifixit.com long after the contract expires.

If Apple abandons the small phone market, I think they are making a mistake.

I agree completely. I think they need a 5 size phone and a 6 or 6+ size phone. I think there are enough people that want a large screen, but I also think there is enough market for the smaller phone. Only real way to know is to release two identical phones, sans screen size, and see how they sell. Market research is only so reliable.

But I want the 6 innards... Namely the 128GB internal storage!!

I wasnt aware that the innards are the same, thought there was a new A8 or whatever chip... Still 1GB RAM, but that's more or less irrelevant given iOS's efficiency.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
But I want the 6 innards... Namely the 128GB internal storage!!

I wasnt aware that the innards are the same, thought there was a new A8 or whatever chip... Still 1GB RAM, but that's more or less irrelevant given iOS's efficiency.

There is not a serious performance difference between the A8 and A7; about 25%, which is not going to make a meaningful difference on the OS life table or in everyday operation.

The A5 in the older 4s is a very different story; about a 400-500% difference.

If you need 128gb in a phone, then the 6 is your only option.

While on business trip last year I noticed a lot of people on subway in Hong Kong using HUGE phones. It is like people bring out their tablet and watch videos on commute. They don't put them in pocket, but carry it with a cover like a book, and make calls with headphone only.

The big phone is likely not for the men driver market in the US.

DELTA415-Wearcom-jeans.jpg

There is not a serious performance difference between the A8 and A7; about 25%, which is not going to make a meaningful difference on the OS life table or in everyday operation.

The A5 in the older 4s is a very different story; about a 400-500% difference.

If you need 128gb in a phone, then the 6 is your only option.

Having used both 6 and 5s, I think one other difference is the NFC payment system on 6. It is pretty cool if you don't want to carry a lot of credit cards all the time but still want to use every one of them because of different cash back, rebates, discounts, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back