And the results are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Last_Z:

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
Terry - thanks for excellent follow up.

No comment on the poetry....er...song...

lol.gif

Everybody's a critic...and to think I have to take this from a M1 T&SUV fan!
rolleyes.gif
Z...
cheers.gif

Don't get me wrong....I am a fan of GC! After all I instigated this test and donated the first $10.
It ain't GC.....it's GC's fans that are driving me crazy!!!!!
lol.gif
cheers.gif

From what I've seen so far, GC "prevents" the most wear of any oil here. I don't know why I insist on using M1 T&SUV.
dunno.gif

quote:

Whats the difference between an olefin oligomer and a polyolefin (co-oligomer) ester, and should it be termed PAO or ester.

Are the polar abilities similiar to polyolesters and what % of oil?

Good questions.

Please search the interesting articles section for PAO development and processes and description, and Additives for background.

The "special" ester or co-oligomer is s special polymeric ester derived from PAO monomers, according to professional Chemistry and Lubrication Engineering Journals. See the main GC thread.

In the context here at BITOG these various terms are synonomous, Special ester = PAO co-oligomer = high molecular weight ester = high viscosity ester = main ester = complex ester.

The polarity of the co-oligomer is very similar to that of a Group II mineral oil. There should be no seal issues with this ester.

One of our rules we adopted at the beginning of this analysis was that we will not disclose the formulator or the additive companies, rather we would explain this unique formulation as per the spectrum charts and its advanatages and disadvantages with respect to PCMO's and applications.

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
This is just part of the raw data information that Terry has to interpet for us to understand the components of this oil. I hope this will at least give you an idea of the complexity of the situation and understand why it is not valuable without expert interpetation:

Z-Oil (GC)

cheers.gif

Looks pretty tough. I think I will stick to what I know

-

Dang, looks like the QRS is way off, quick. 150mg bolus of amiodarone, then drip at 1mg/min!!!

We need to save that elves life or there may not be any GC in the future.

Amiodarone? With the ST elevation in II, III, and AVF I was kinda thinking that this guy needs some retavase or some other thrombolytic. I'll save the amiodarone for the reperfusion arrythmias.

Gotta keep those elves away from the fatty foods (or fatty esters)
grin.gif

[ April 14, 2005, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: medic ]

Ya, you correct, but that stuff is $4,000 a dose ane we only stock tenecteplase 50mg as our formulary drug. But if BC/BS will pay for it, He should get it. Dang fatty esters will get you every time. We should put that elf on a strict diet of PLANT or natural esters, they will clean out the plumbing!!!

quote:

Originally posted by medic:
Amiodarone? With the ST elevation in II, III, and AVF I was kinda thinking that this guy needs some retavase or some other thrombolytic. I'll save the amiodarone for the reperfusion arrythmias.

Gotta keep those elves away from the fatty foods (or fatty esters)
grin.gif

I guess I need a refresher. I saw clear indications of a pensive hypertensive with a bilateral occlusion of the tympannic membrane not to mention an aortic stigma with a slightly contusive and reflexive induction. I would have prescribed a 30 day regimen of Ducolax with interspersed slightly acidic and definitely abrasive exfoliation and periodic excoriation. I would be very grateful if you two would point out at which point I misinterpreted this and where I went wrong.

OK, I just read the report and this is what I got from it-

PAO
PAO based complex esters (very special stuff)
No viscosity index improvers

For me, this info confirms that for $4-5 a quart, GC is a great deal and is probably the best bang for the buck. It really makes my German 2.8L run smooth!

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:

PAO

For me, this info confirms that for $4-5 a quart, GC is a great deal and is probably the best bang for the buck. It really makes my German 2.8L run smooth!

I think there are a lot of people who owe the Elves an apology...Group III indeed!
cheers.gif

For months and months (or is it YEARS)
The Elves have listend to the jive
That the Elixer they so graciously brewed
Was neither Group IV or Group V

And now that it has been proved
That they are men (sort of) of skill
They deserve to be given an apology...
Do you think that someone will?

[ May 01, 2005, 03:52 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by pscholte:

For months and months (or is it YEARS)
The Elves have listend to the jive
That the Elixer they so graciously brewed
Was neither Group IV or Group V

And now that it has been proved
That they are men (sort of) of skill
They deserve to be given an apology...
Do you think that someone will? [/QB]

What talent....
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by glxpassat:

PAO

No wonder the UOA's come back in the "phenomenal" to excellent" range. It's a top-notch product that rivals just about anything from Mobil corp. I hope the AC (Amber Castrol) is made from the same top-tier chemistry.

I was just wondering, is the GC in your neck of the woods starting to run out?
Are stores getting new shipments in of the older dates, or are they only getting the newer Amber Castrol M05xxx dates.

quote:

Originally posted by jrrd54:
Are stores getting new shipments in of the older dates, or are they only getting the newer Amber Castrol M05xxx dates.

One store by me has only 05 stuff, one has only 2 bottles of 01 left since I cleaned them out of GC, have not restocked yet, another has none since I bought the last one, 1 store has lots of GC (20+qt last week), but they would not price match Pep Boys, so I did not get any there yet, but have a plan to get 12 from them at the $3.99 price anyway.

quote:

Originally posted by jrrd54:

My two local Autozone's always seem to have it. Both stock M05. I wasn't watching their inventory close enough to know when the M04 and older blends sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back