Baked and steamed fish: let me know your recipes, ideas.

Since I’m dropping weight at steady pace, I was curious. I do baked fish with spices, vegetables, and maybe few sweet potatoes. I would love to steam some fish

Thank You innadvance

Reactions: wlk
A co-worker gave me this recipe and it sounded bad but was surprisingly good. You coat salmon with your favorite bottled barbecue sauce and bake or grill it. Our kids loved it and it was a good way to get young kids to eat fish.

Last edited:
Catfish or shrimp,

Seasoned with Old Bay Blackened, powdered onion, powdered garlic, Mrs Dash Spicy, Red Pepper, and bacon grease…

I can get catfish nuggets for $1.99 a pound…

well its not baked but I love grilled salmon and its very easy.
a little olive oil to prevent stickage
then a sprinkle of old bay when its almost done.
Go cheap and buy with skin.. skin will peel off after grilling in 1 step 5seconds.

I discovered one thing Red Lobster can actually cook... after years of disappointment.
but when I grill it at home it is better.

Put fish fillets in a glass baking dish with a little oil on the bottom. Put a layer of Mayo or Miracle Whip or homemade tartar sauce on top of the fish and cover with cracker crumbs. Bake around 15 minutes @ 350-400 until done. Pertty tasty.

My mom makes a great lemon pepper tilapia. We get the tilapia and then season it with Mrs. Dashes lemon pepper seasoning, old bay and butter . She puts it in the oven for I think it’s usually around 20-30 minutes and then squeezes fresh lemon on it and it’s ready. It’s so good.

I have a couple of fish rubs I use when baking. One is a cedar/mesquite the other is a sweet chili type. I use frozen fillets and spray them with olive oil cooking spray, then the rub, then bake for 20 minutes or so at 350-375F. Use a dill flavored tartar sauce.

Had a buddy who lived on the river and had tons of catfish. I'd cook them on the grill in a loose foil wrap. Cooked in butter and lemon juice.

Back