Amsoil's Synthetic Base Fluids

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way Amsoil could compete with the XL7500 is to drop the price to the $2.00/qt. level and add Moly. They might have a chance selling this stuff if they hyped it as having a "new" VHVI base and a new FM additive.

The problem is, other companies have already added Moly (I'm thinking of MAxlife, Schaeffer's and others).

Rob,
"What do you guys think of Amsoil now using Group III basestock in the XL series oils now? I will give them credit for lowering their price, but a .20 drop to $5.20/quart? It seems like it should have been more than that. The 100% synthetic SAE is only $5.70/quart, it does not really make sense that the product using Group III is $5.20. I was
hoping they would drop the price of the XL to around $4.80-$4.90 to compete with other Group III products and make a clear price difference between the XL series and the SAE 100% synthetic. What do you guys think; did Amsoil drop the ball on this one? "

As you can see, yes. Some have called it a hiccup, some have called it hypocracy (me) and other names which we cannot repeat.

BTW, We now know that Maxlife does not contain Moly as stated earlier.
mad.gif

In my view, Amsoil should be adding Moly and selling the XL7500 at not more than $4.25 a quart, retail, if they really want to compete in the niche, Quick Lube, market.
dunno.gif

To The Top for my pal, Buster that wants to know more about Esters
smile.gif

[ January 09, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Thanks! This is what i've been looking for. Now why couldn't i find this thread? I read it from top to bottom.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Thanks! This is what i've been looking for. Now why couldn't i find this thread? I read it from top to bottom.
smile.gif

I thought you would like the contents of this thread
wink.gif

Groucho-Thanks
smile.gif

I certainly do. Thanks again Dragboat. Maybe this will shut me up for a little while!!
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
I certainly do. Thanks again Dragboat. Maybe this will shut me up for a little while!!
grin.gif

Nope
smile.gif
There is a new syntheic base oil coming from Shell I guess? Pennzoil was working on it before the buyout. POE,EOP or something like that I forget ?
smile.gif

Do a search on Molakules member number,or Johnny's,they have both spoke about it before.

It's not even that much.......looking at their last list, the XL7500 5W-30 is only $0.60 less than the ASL 5W-30.......
quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I don't think the Amsoil's XL7500 series are much of a bargain at all. From what I understand they are only $1 a quart cheaper, yet not a true synthetic, and not made to last as long. So financially speaking, you are way better off spending the extra money to get the true synthetic Amsoil, and running the interval longer. Are there really any oil change places that stock the XL7500 stuff anyways? Since I heard that is why Amsoil brought it out in the first place.

Haha I started reading through this thread thinking it was brand new till I saw the date :p Made me wonder,what was the very first thread ever on this site?

since Amsoil quit advertizing + blowing their PAO horn who knows what base oils they are using. for many years i used + promoted their products, not any more as they hide behind "propriety" like most others. i now use Redline where its needed + mobil I extended performance said to use some PAO in my lightly used 08 colorado, retired + lovin it, come on motorcycle weather!!!!

Strong bump. Amsoil has taken their marketing and has become the corporate shill they once despised. Too bad as once upon a time, people rallied around Amsoil as the greatest oil on the market, despite the corporate giants trying to hold them down. Too bad.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Haha I started reading through this thread thinking it was brand new till I saw the date :p Made me wonder,what was the very first thread ever on this site?

I can find some older ones if you're interested.

What is viscosity index thread

First oil filter thread Oil filter thread

Discussion about upcoming GF4 standards

Always interesting seeing member names you never see posting anymore. Always makes me wonder what they're up to these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back