Amsoil - Performance Tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said they use Group III base oils "regularly for some products".
right, and he further defines group 4 as "not from the ground"........and where does he say they use group 4 at all? He says "some use it".

Point is, if this like all things are advertising, meant to sell products, they why use such undefined terms like "some".............if they are 100%, they why not say we use group 4.?

Understand, i am not bashing Amsoil, as they make a good product, I just wish there was more clarity and truth to the advertising.

The guy says that they use group 3 in their products, then goes on to say that they "come from the ground" and "we did not define this"..........how is my post wrong?

So many people sell Amsoil as 100% synthetic and explain in their sales pitch how others are not 100% synthetic, and if using base oils that come from the ground, by definition are not 100%.
You are not listening closely and you are filling in gaps with your own thoughts

Yeah like I thought, yet another one of those "Group 3 base stocks aren't synthetic" threads. We've had more than a few in the past, did you participate in those?

Either people are unable or unwilling to understand the chemistry and process or just chose not to do so for sake of trying to look knowledgeable.

To be honest, these terms I think are all "legal" not scientific. Point is, they tout being 100%, and others are not, being as they are mineral oil based.......when they are also......admittedly in the video.

right, and he further defines group 4 as "not from the ground"........and where does he say they use group 4 at all? He says "some use it".

Point is, if this like all things are advertising, meant to sell products, they why use such undefined terms like "some".............if they are 100%, they why not say we use group 4.?

Understand, i am not bashing Amsoil, as they make a good product, I just wish there was more clarity and truth to the advertising.

The Amsoil engineer specifically states “we do use group III regularly in some products”

The same engineer also states “We do use base oils for sure in this group V area” right after.

Not sure what you are trying to imply? Or implicate? Using your method of thinking we can imply that their oils are pure group V…

To be honest, these terms I think are all "legal" not scientific. Point is, they tout being 100%, and others are not, being as they are mineral oil based.......when they are also......admittedly in the video.
Serious question, where do you think the feedstocks for Group IV/V oils come from? Someplace other than where the raw materials for “non-synthetic” “mineral” mineral oils come from?

I feel like if you answer this question you may then begin to understand.

Serious question, where do you think the feedstocks for Group IV/V oils come from? Someplace other than where the raw materials for “non-synthetic” “mineral” mineral oils come from?

I feel like if you answer this question you may then begin to understand.
In the video, the guy clearly states that grp4 and 5 "do not come from the ground"............which I assume we can agree means it is not crude or the like..........which means the guy is implying that they are "made". Lets not get into the whole deal that "nothing is synthetic" being that all elements and the building blocks for which are naturally occuring and there fore they are not "synthetic". God made it all, I get it.............

So iit is really not what I think.........this is about the video.........there seems to be a bunch of butthurt folks that I have posted this video and commented on the verbage and terms used in the video.........

Bunch of people just assume that I am making a statement and start the attack.......................so to the point of the post..................really was more of a question...............but nevermind as it seems as though I hurt some peoples feelings.

In the video, the guy clearly states that grp4 and 5 "do not come from the ground"............which I assume we can agree means it is not crude or the like..........which means the guy is implying that they are "made". Lets not get into the whole deal that "nothing is synthetic" being that all elements and the building blocks for which are naturally occuring and there fore they are not "synthetic". God made it all, I get it.............

So iit is really not what I think.........this is about the video.........there seems to be a bunch of butthurt folks that I have posted this video and commented on the verbage and terms used in the video.........

Bunch of people just assume that I am making a statement and start the attack.......................so to the point of the post..................really was more of a question...............but nevermind as it seems as though I hurt some peoples feelings.
Yeah well that didn’t take too long.

Nope I’m asking you to examine your own knowledge: are you going to take one guy on an internet video at face value, or do you research and learn? If your childhood buddy told you that the thing about 8” below your bellybutton was a skin tag and you could snip it off with scissors, would you? Or would you question why he said that?

That’s what I’m asking you- if you hear something that seems questionable (or questioned) have you investigated those claims to your satisfaction. In this case, if what you think you heard constitutes “synthetic” oil and it doesn’t agree with your worldview, do some legwork and make sure you can answer your own questions satisfactorily. This is a board of learning, and when intelligent people have asked you to elucidate your understanding, you’ve stuck your head in the proverbial sands and cried “but the guy who claims to be an Amsoil scientist says so!”. That’s a non-position. ✌️

Impossible for Signature Series or XL for that matter don't use Grp 4 maybe some 5. Look at the pour points. I also believe both have plenty of good Grp 3 or 3+. One will never know. But Amsoil and a few other like Chevron. Mag 1 and Phillip 66 PCMO post the most technical data for sure.

Last edited:
Where do they come from if not the ground? The air? Water?

I have been told that if you take 192 extremely high powered lasers and point them all in the correct alignment and exacting angles all together at a singular point into the air … they produce pure Hydrogen 2 and Hydrogen 3… Which once this reaction starts taking place absolutely 1000 percent pure oil starts flowing out of the pure thin air… Mind you it is exceptionally hot like…. 10,000 degrees Centigrade… Allow that to flow into a cooling tower using fresh water piping wrapped around the new Group 4 and 5 oils … Then once it cools and thickens at the cooling tower base it can be put into 55 gallons drums.

To separate the group 4 from the group 5 later you just have to reheat it to 1,000 degrees centigrade under high pressure and adding more hydrogen into that stream separates the group 4 and group 5.

Well that’s what I heard anyway… :LOL:

I have been told that if you take 192 extremely high powered lasers and point them all in the correct alignment and exacting angles all together at a singular point into the air … they produce pure Hydrogen 2 and Hydrogen 3… Which once this reaction starts taking place absolutely 1000 percent pure oil starts flowing out of the pure thin air… Mind you it is exceptionally hot like…. 10,000 degrees Centigrade… Allow that to flow into a cooling tower using fresh water piping wrapped around the new Group 4 and 5 oils … Then once it cools and thickens at the cooling tower base it can be put into 55 gallons drums.

To separate the group 4 from the group 5 later you just have to reheat it to 1,000 degrees centigrade under high pressure and adding more hydrogen into that stream separates the group 4 and group 5.

Well that’s what I heard anyway… :LOL:
Set Phasers to Stun Bradley 👀

Yes all Groups of base stocks do but it’s a meaningless metric. If that is your criteria then you really do not know what you are talking about. It’s about the performance of the finished product.
Well the Amsoil guy says different. I am not an expert, as are not most of the people on this site, mostly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back