Amsoil dual remote bypass help......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to use a remote filter to clear compound turbos on my Ford/Cummins conversion....

I have a Cummins remote filter plate and I'm interested in the Amsoil dual remote by-pass setup to mount on frame rail. The issue that I see is that Amsoil remote filter plates have a 3/4-16 thread for the full flow filter. Looks like the Amsoil EAO26 is the filter to use in this application... what I don't like is that the EAO26 or equivalent has an internal bypass! Cummins applications do not require this as the bypass is machined in the Cummins filter plate.

I see that the EAO80 is the Amsoil replacement filter (no bypass), but is a 1"-16 thread mount which does not fit the Amsoil remote plate.

So to the real question.... is there a bushing or other way to use 1"-16 filters on the Amsoil dual remote bypass plate?

I was not able to find a 3/4"-16 (donaldson endurance, fleetgaurd or Amsoil) that does not have a built in DP bypass.

Here is the Cummins remote plate....
A051609-1.jpg

This is the reason why.....
T042009-13.jpg

Thanks!

Mark

welcome2.gif

So this is a Ford truck with a 5.9 Cummins?

http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/index.aspx

Main filter page: http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/bf.aspx

Here are some filter installs at the Amsoil site. Scroll towards the bottom for the trucks. Lots of pics which might help you in some way.

This should probably be posted in the repair/maintenance area for a better response to your question. I am familiar with Amsoil stuff but not in regards to your question.

Some of the other guys should be able give you some info on this.

I don't see a problem with having an extra bypass.

If the filters ever get plugged, one or the other bypass valve will open. Does it matter which one opens?

I'll move this to the "bypass" fitler section, where you'll get a bit more help.

I suspect Gary can add his wealth of knowledge! Calling GA!

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
I'll move this to the "bypass" fitler section, where you'll get a bit more help.

I suspect Gary can add his wealth of knowledge! Calling GA!

Thanks for the move to the proper section!

33.gif

While I personally don't see the problem with the redundant bypass valve on the big 3/4-16 thread EaO ..there are a couple of ways to do this.

Get a BMK22. That fits two Cummins thread filters. You'll need to get a couple of additional parts since this comes with fittings for 3/16 oil lines. It doesn't have a biasing valve that will create a differential to compel flow to the bypass. You'll lose a bit of % of flow through the bypass.

You can't just buy the threaded inserts from Amsoil that will allow you to get the dual setups (ff/bp w/biasing valve). I know it sounds stupid ..but I guess they have their reasons.

Put this number into the ebay search engine: 230246714585

That's a threaded bushing that has 3/4-16 on the inside, 1-16 on the outside.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Put this number into the ebay search engine: 230246714585

That's a threaded bushing that has 3/4-16 on the inside, 1-16 on the outside.

Very good..... bought it! Now I can move forward with getting necessary plumbing and remote bypass plate.

Thanks!

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back