Nickel 0
Chromium 0.6
Titanium 0.1
Copper 1.1
Aluminum 4.5
Tin 0
Lead 0
Silver 0

This oil was in the vehicle for 1 year. An Amsoil Ea020 filter was used. Car is driven by my wife and is probably 50% highway. Wear Check stated the oil is "suitable for further service."

So how does this oil condition look compared to the Acura MDX extended OCI results? Is this oil done as well?

I would say this is another low wear ASM report. The oil is a year old - you got you moneys worth plus out of the oil.

Bottom line on the wear? Essentially none.

I wouldn't put a whole ton worry in the Oxid./Nitration numbers unless they ran a virgin sample of the exact batch of oil.

I really think you could get a better grasp of the oils condition using Amsoil's lab. The TBN, Oxid, and Nit do present the case a little clearer for toothslayers such as me. The oil did not thicken or loose viscosity. Low wear and such shows it's working for you. I just would like to see the TBN, Oxid, and Nitrates in laymans terms for the simple minded like me to see.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
I really think you could get a better grasp of the oils condition using Amsoil's lab. The TBN, Oxid, and Nit do present the case a little clearer for toothslayers such as me. The oil did not thicken or loose viscosity. Low wear and such shows it's working for you. I just would like to see the TBN, Oxid, and Nitrates in laymans terms for the simple minded like me to see.

Thanks

Wear Check used to give TBN numbers but stopped. I agree, that it would give a lot clearer picture if I had that number as well. I don't know if I have access to an Amsoil lab in Canada or not - will have to check, unless someone knows the answer.

Originally Posted By: RealWing

Thanks

Wear Check used to give TBN numbers but stopped. I agree, that it would give a lot clearer picture if I had that number as well. I don't know if I have access to an Amsoil lab in Canada or not - will have to check, unless someone knows the answer.

Wearcheck Canada will still give you TBN numbers but you have to ask for it now, as they automatically just run a TAN test only if you don't specify you want TBN. They claim that for gasoline engines TBN is not as important as TAN, that TBN is more relavent for diesel engines.

I've got a sample in their lab right now from my Corvette but I didn't bother asking them to test for TBN this time around as I've found it takes them 2 days just to run their TBN test! (you can see what stage the sample is at online, and they'll finish all of the other tests within the first day or day and a half, then it sits there for a few more days until they finish doing the TBN)

By the way, this report is simply awesome! Amsoil 0w20 is one amazing oil!!

This UOA really helps my confidence. I just poured this oil in my wifes 04 Navigator. I had plans on a 1yr OCI.
Thanks RW.

I've attached this link to a spreadsheet showing all my analyses on this vehicle. Hopefully this link works OK. You can see what other oils I've tried.

2849023420103546633wnMyAg

Lets try this
2849023420103546633wnMyAg_th.jpg

That doesnt look right either!! The previous link does work if you copy the URL to your browser.

Last edited:
Amsoils made for long oil change intervals it is nice to see the oil used for what it is designed for and with good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back