Amsoil ACD data sheet update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are mistaken; but I can see where all these 3 letter abbreviations can get confusing :)

ACD is full synthetic.

As far as "OEM" 10w30 oils by Amsoil - you are thinking of ADN, which replaced OEC.

Originally Posted By: Toptierpao
That oil is not 100% synthetic by Amsoil standards.This oil replaces their :"OEM" line and is reccomended for oem intervals of 8000 miles or so. It is an excellent choice for the 2007.5-2010 Cummins, Powerstrokes,and Duramax diesels. Because of the way these motors are forced to regenerate,oil analysis has shown they can have as much as 10% fuel dilution.Due to this,they should not go past the oem oci.

It is a very good high performance group III oil.

If you have a truck outside the years mentioned above,their "Max Duty" Signature Series(100% synthetic) is their Group IV/ Group V oil and has HTHS numbers in the mid 4's depending on your grade of choice.

Like said before, this newly formulated ACD may be an outstanding oil for the 6.0 and older powerstroke as well as the 5.9 cummins, older farm tractors etc. The 4.2 NOACK is just mind boggling. Im in the process of moving to Minnesota from TX, may not be the best oil though for the cold Midwest winters, with no VII's. But, I'm going to give this new ACD oil a try, since my current fill of Delo 400 LE 5w30 is approaching 7,000 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
It meets the Detroit 93K214 spec.

No, we are told that one can use it in applications that specify that spec, not that it MEETS that spec.

If you recall last time that this was discussed, we were awaiting advice from Pablo on what tests Amsoil used to verify to themselves that this was warranted.

That is why there is a Federal Trade Commission. If the oil doesn't meet the spec that Amsoil claims it does, then call the FTC and report it. Show your substation to justify that and knowing how government regulatory agencies love to go after folks, they will handle it from there. Until there is something substantive to disprove Amsoil's claim that ACD meets 93K214, this just becomes schoolyard nonsense.

They claim it's suitable...what's for me to prove or not ?

Other thread Pablo offered to spell out what Amsoil do to satisfy themselves of the claim...we are still waiting.

"Claiming" ...incendiary to say the least.
I think I'm with Tired Trucker on this one.
Schoolyard nonsense.
Unless one has the VOA/UOA to prove otherwise.
Fact of the matter is Amsoil makes an outstanding product.
But that's often overlooked, due to their MLM practices.

Here is a VOA of Amsoil ACD 10W30 / SAE30
Yes it's from 10 years ago, but it's all I could find.

Ref: (BITOG VOA ACD)

Quote:
Values in PPM
Iron---------------2
Chromium--------0
Nickel-------------0
Aluminum--------1
Copper------------0
Lead---------------0
Tin-----------------1
Cadmium----------0
Silver--------------0
Titanium----------0
Vanadium---------0
Silicon------------2
Sodium-----------3
Potassium--------2
Molybdenum-----0
Antimony---------0
Manganese-------0
Lithium-----------0
Boron--------------2
Magnesium-------9
Calcium--------3743
Barium------------0
Phosphorous----1265
Zinc--------------1353

CSt Visc. @ 100C----9.9

TBN-------------------10.60
Insolubles--------------0.1%
Oxidation---------------18
Nitration----------------8

"incendiary"...LOL...

http://www.mobil.com/english-AU/Commercial-Vehicle-Lube/pds/APXXMobil-Delvac-MX-ESP-15W40
Quote:
Mobil Delvac MX ESP 15W-40 has the following builder approvals:

Can check their claims against DDs list.
http://ddc.tei-net.com/approvedlistprint-93k214.asp

versus
Quote:
AMSOIL 10W-30/SAE 30 Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Oil is recommended for diesel engines, gasoline engines and other applications that require any of the following worldwide specifications

Still trying to find the source data from DD as to their spec, but have the AFTON
Afton Lubrican Specficiations Handbook

Aside from a pretty comprehensive (and expensive) engine test regime, which was the detail on how they met that that were were going to be provided with in the other thread...there's some bench metrics that the oil MUST meet...

93K214.jpg

Now it IS 93K214 that we are discussing, isn't it, and the "recommended for" statement that I am questioning...

Quick question.

I just received 5 gallons of the Amsoil ACD today. Imprinted on each gallon container is 8/30/2016. Is this the old spec version? I was hoping to get the new reformulated ACD with the 4.2 NOACK and 3.6 HTHS.

I did not specify the new formula when ordering online, just assumed it was since the data sheet is updated.

Thank you for the input,

Very interested in this Oil for my 6.0 PSD which loves a good 30WT and is known to shear the heck out of everything you put in it.

Can Amsoil dealer on here contact me with pricing? Pablo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back