Amsoil 0W-30, 14,198 MILES, 1993 Civic

Iron did increase somewhat. Did you look at the aluminum ppms, it is lower than the universal average. The Civic engine of course
has an aluminum block.

I did but they have been low for some time.

That engine might surprise us all and get you to that 750k mark.

And here I am hoping I get a minimum of 300K out of my 2017 Accord Sport

Vehicles operate on their fluids. Keep your fluids clean and changed often and 300,000 miles can easily reached.

My Civic still has the original, un-rebuilt power steering pump, just by changing the fluid often for example.

2015 Honda Accord 2.4 LX with a dash over 500,000 miles on her. Original motor and cvt transmission. I got this text from her but apparently she didn't understand that I wanted it at 500k on the money. I guess I could tell her that she could drive the hundred and so miles in reverse and take the mileage off eh?

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_173847.jpg
    IMG_20221001_173847.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 55
2015 Honda Accord 2.4 LX with a dash over 500,000 miles on her. Original motor and cvt transmission. I got this text from her but apparently she didn't understand that I wanted it at 500k on the money. I guess I could tell her that she could drive the hundred and so miles in reverse and take the mileage off eh?
I drive my 17 sport like a sane person, don’t dog on it. Have changed my cvt fluid three times so far. Have almost 66K miles on the car, not that I was worried about my cvt longevity, but this makes me feel better knowing I’m doing what I can to make it last at least 300K +

Thanks

Camshaft for sure Pim Tac, but what i'm saying is why is iron so affected and yet the softer metals are not.

Late reply here. The softer metals numbers are low but you might be right at the beginning of an upward trend. Lead, copper, tin, all were 0 before. This last analysis you are starting to see some numbers. With that said, they are still low.

The next analysis will be interesting. Let’s see if that trend continues.

I drive my 17 sport like a sane person, don’t dog on it. Have changed my cvt fluid three times so far. Have almost 66K miles on the car, not that I was worried about my cvt longevity, but this makes me feel better knowing I’m doing what I can to make it last at least 300K +

Thanks
Change CVT fluid every other oci or at 20k max for longevity.

Thanks

This is the best description of the K24W and everything you should be aware of and doing. I have been fairly good to use this as a go-to when something happens. The GDi cleaning is another one not to miss if you don't drive a lot.

Change CVT fluid every other oci or at 20k max for longevity.
The uoa I did on the Amsoil cvt fluid Blackstone said I could go 35K miles if not further but I’m going to stick with Molakules recommendation of 25-30K miles. Probably 30K with mine with Amsoil, 25K on her Altima with Castrol transmax

I will definitely check out the link you sent me. Thank you

Which Engine oil and Intervalls do you used?

Another excellent example of successful extended OCI's in an application and driving profile that it matches well with.

Miles on Civic 661,149 / 1,064,016 km
Miles on oil 6,348
Miles on spare engine 12,149
Amsoil 0W-30 oil
Amsoil oil filter ea15k20
dual Filtermag CT3.0 magnetic oil filters
Dimple magnetic oil drain plug
5 ozs Liquimoly anti-friction

oil report 2023.jpg

@harry j so did I miss something? spare engine? I see you mentioned it.. what happened with the original? I know you were having issues with potassium again, head problems? These numbers do look a lot better!

Back