Ammo Shortage Abating for Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: firemachine69
Originally Posted By: jsharp

For people that are waiting for the prices to go back down to what we saw a couple of years ago - Good luck. I doubt we'll ever see those prices again.

This applies to ANYTHING gun-related.
Wish I could go back 10 years and buy crates and crates of cheap surplus ammo the gun stores had around here. 7.62x39 used to go for $130.00 per 1000 round case, usually corrosive. The Norinco steel cored 7.62x39 ammo was excellent ammo, non corrosive and always worked well in my SKS's and my Norinco AK.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
You've missed my point entirely.

No, I get your point. I'm talking about normal, everyday ability to get it - not picking it up from dead soldiers in a "end of the world" scenario.

Local WM had ammo shipment last two days on the shelves. I bought two boxes left the third for the next guy. Try not to hoard. Support the NRA.

Yeah, there was a boatload of 9mm, .40, and .45 yesterday at WalMart. Some 357 and .38, too. Oh, and even some .223! Haven't seen that in a LONG time.

Still no change down around this area. Will be taking a few days to travel to New Orleans. I plan on frequent wal-mart stops along the way to check for .45 ACP - I'll report on any finds.

There is one place where I live where I can still get ammo at a reasonable price. They ration it and I can get just two boxes of 9 mm. I can think of a couple of places where I can get ammo but one place charges a lot and their ammo looks old and another place charges a lot for Blazer.

I completely have given up on getting ammo at Wal-Mart or at Big-R. Big-R is a store kind of intended for farm and ranch people. I don't live on a farm or a ranch but I go to Big-R sometimes.

As long as I can get two boxes of 9 mm at the one store I am happy. It is better than nothing and they have PMC ammo that is made in South Korea and seems to shoot well and clean. The only two options are the two stores that charge a lot for their ammo. And like I said one store has kind of old looking ammo (at high prices) and the other store charges high prices for Blazer.

If I needed more than two boxes of 9 mm I would go to the store that sells Blazer and get some ammo. But the high price is unjustified.

My local Walmart doesn't have any 9 mm or 40 cal. But the Academy Sports had plenty, probably at least 40+ boxes of each.

I haven't seen surplus cases of .308 (7.62x51mm I should say...
smirk2.gif
) in ages.

9mm is pistol ammo, and therefor rare and expensive in Canada regardless.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Stopped at a few en route to/from New Orleans and had no luck.

Maybe the stuff down there in that corridor is making its way to mexico?
grin2.gif

I found some 9mm and .22LR tonight. I went to one Walmart and saw that they had some Federal 9mm in stock for $8.97, so I asked someone stocking shelves if I could get some. I asked if there was a limit, to which he said no (there really is) so I took all 9 boxes. Went to another Walmart and got 6 more (they knew of the limit) and went to yet another, which had no 9mm but did have 550rd bulk .22LR, which I bought 2 boxes of.

750rds of 9mm and 1100rds of .22LR

I should be set for a couple months. Hopefully until supply meets demand.

I'm waiting for primers to come in, so my order from a speciality ammo business for my FSN can finally be shipped. I'm set on most ammo i need.

The local Wally Mart is starting to slowly show more ammo on the shelf. Fair amounts of .40,9mm, 22LR available. Most calibers of rifle ammo were in stock. S. TX.

There is still a shortage of ammo where I live. I can find ammo in only a few places and some places charge a lot. One place where I can get ammo seems to have very old ammo judging from the appearance-and they charge a lot.

One place that still has ammo and will allow me to buy two boxes of 9 mm ammo made me kind of angry today-the guy starting implying I was buying ammo every day! I have been buying two boxes every week at this place to get a S&W M&P 9 mm handgun broke in. Today they had some Blazer with the aluminum cartridge cases for $11.50 a box. I got two. I have not used Blazer in a while but I figure it is good enough for target practice. What do you guys think of the aluminum case Blazer?

Another place I know of will allow me to buy ten boxes of the Blazer (aluminum cartridge case) for just slightly more per box. I am going to get the ten boxes so I at least have target ammo for the rest of the year.

There seems to be a lot of the aluminum case Blazer around. I found some in one gun shop at about $17.00 a box. I did not buy. And I know this Blazer aluminum case ammo is being sold in another nearby city for about $16.00 a box or maybe closer to $17.00 a box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back