Ammo Shortage Abating for Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Win
Bump.

For the last couple of weeks, the Wal Mart's around here have been bursting at the seams with ammo - even 380 now looks to be relatively abundant. Seems like the price has gone up some on the Winchester white box, though.

Local Academy is well stocked, also.

Not in these parts. I haven't seen 380 in like forever, and I check Wally's every time I go in. Even the mailorder joints are still very thin on 380. My PPK/S is getting rather upset with this.

Over hear in California it's hard to get any variety of ammo in 223 Remington!!!! If you see any freshly manufactured ammo usually it's expensive. Wolf ammo is terrible scarse.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Durango
Over hear in California it's hard to get any variety of ammo in 223 Remington!!!! If you see any freshly manufactured ammo usually it's expensive. Wolf ammo is terrible scarse.

Durango

Man, up here in silly-con valley, the local Wallys has plenty of 223.

Was in Wall World last night. Plenty of EVERYTHING! Which is kinda weird b/c they completely pulled ammo from the shelves for a while in the spring.

New Turner's opened up in Rancho Cucamonga recently and have a special price for 223 Remington/$5.47 per box with a limit of 10 boxes per person. Currently the average price seems to be just under 10 buck/box. Not bad BUT needs to go lower. I remember it use to cost about $3.25 per box.

Durango

Lol, no probs for me. Although with hunting season cranking up, there's bound to be a hiccup here and there.

Went to Cabela's a couple days ago and was blown away by the selection, granted prices were a little higher than say walmart, but there were literaly truckloads of ammo there. $10 a box of 50 9mm fmj's, 21.99 for .45.

I never buy my ammo in local stores. The prices are way too high for me. WM wants $16 for a box of 20 7.26x39!!! I order all my ammo from cheaperthandirt.com. 1 of the best gun websites out there. I order a 20rd box of my AK rounds for only $3.50!!! Thats a killer deal. Not even bulk prices beats that! Anyway they are great for all types as well. Especially Russian ammo!

A couple weeks ago i got 1000rds of Federal Champion .40cal for 13.97 a box of 50. They let me buy however much i want. This is at the WalMart in Oxnard, CA btw.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
A couple weeks ago i got 1000rds of Federal Champion .40cal for 13.97 a box of 50. They let me buy however much i want. This is at the WalMart in Oxnard, CA btw.

Are you telling me you spent nearly $300 on ammo!?!?!? could have bought a new rifle for that!!!

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
But then what would he shoot?

something with cheaper bullets!!!!!! like an ak47 or a 9mm!!!

Its for my Glock 22. AK47 is out of the question because of its legal status in CA. The next rifle I am buying is a SOCOM II, legal here still. My ammo budget and my firearm budget are separate.

My Walmart had 9mm Federal 50rds for $9.47 but only had 2 and not sure when they'd have more so I got 6 more boxes at a different walmart for $9.97.

For my 12 gauge I got a 4 pack at walmart (federal) for like $21. Then say an ad for Academy for $4 a box so I got about 10 of them.

So I have 13 boxes of 25 of 12 gauge = 325 shells and have only shot 2 boxes since I got it.

For the 9, I have 8 boxes of 50 plus one box of Winchester hollow points I got for $25, so 450 rounds for that gun.

I think I will hold on to what I have since I believe since its stored in my room it will stay good for years to come. If I want to shoot I will just buy it then and keep my stash for when cash gets low or they really do hoard or jack it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back