Ammo Shortage Abating for Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen much of an improvement here either. Got a box of .45 Blazer the other day in Walmart at 2AM. The girl had just opened the case about 10 minutes before and not a single box touched the shelf, she said. Mine was the last remaining box. Now, if you're willing to pay the price, you can go get high dollar stuff from Academy, but your white box/blazer/federal type FMJ is nowhere to be seen. I check every wal-mart I go in every time in one no matter the time of day or night.

.22 is in pretty good supply, shotgun shells are everywhere. Your more oddball hunting rounds are there, but the more run of the mill .308, .30-06, .223, .30-30, .270 cartridges are often scarce of sold out.

What I hate is not being able to hit the gun range like I used to do... It sucks having to limit myself to 50 or 100 shells.

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Get into reloading. Once set up, you can roll your own for much less then factory ammo.

Still gotta' be able to get powder, primers and projectiles.

Worried about ammo availability into the future ?

Make sure that you've got a firearm in 5.56 NATO...regardless of what happens, there will always be some at giveaway prices.

45.gif

Yep, and the Zastava, and the Norinco (although the Norinco looks like it's been dragged from china and put in a box when it got here).

$550 for a norinco JW105... not bad...

A CZ 527 is what, like $1k...

Gotta get this train moving...

i think a CZ would be the least politaccly inconrrect one of the lot...

Last edited:
I'd prolly choose the Zastava in hindsight.

The CZ527 shoots better and has a better trigger, but the floorplate magazine of the Zastava is easier..the CZ's magazine is a pain at times (between courses of fire, and with fumble fingers)

The shortage seems to be subsiding around here. The common places have some handgun ammo now for a day or two before it's all gone. The last few months it was typically gone within hours of being stocked.

Reloading supplies are more available online now too, the exception being primers. They still seem to be in short supply. I found enough to get me through the year. Lets hope by this time next year that things will be better.

For people that are waiting for the prices to go back down to what we saw a couple of years ago - Good luck. I doubt we'll ever see those prices again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Make sure that you've got a firearm in 5.56 NATO...regardless of what happens, there will always be some at giveaway prices.

LOL. Aint that the truth.

Ammo is still in short supply down here. I looked yesterday and the only think in the case was some 22 short boxes and stacks of shotgun shells sitting on top of the case.

Originally Posted By: jsharp

For people that are waiting for the prices to go back down to what we saw a couple of years ago - Good luck. I doubt we'll ever see those prices again.

This applies to ANYTHING gun-related.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Worried about ammo availability into the future ?

I don't see much 5.56 available at anywhere close to "giveaway" prices these days.

The supplies of it seem to be slowly increasing, but the prices are still sky high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back