Amazon (or Asurion) warrantees

I'm not asking about the normal return window for Amazon products, but their additional 3- & 4-year protection plans for appliances. We need to buy a new microwave, and I have my eye on a Panasonic countertop SN936B for $300. Amazon offers those protection plans for an additional $37 or $48.

Has anyone here ever tried to get a product repaired or returned under one of these policies? From reviews on amazon, customers either love them or hate them. The majority of reviewers are saying that the day after they filed the claim, they got an email for an Amazon gift card (which would be fine by us in lieu of cash). But a few are saying that they never got any replies to their emails, etc., and that there isn't any number to call.

I'd just pass.
if you can stomach stainless color consider the

Panasonic - 2.2 Cu. Ft. 1250 Watt SD987SA​

for $239 at bestbuy.

I’ve bought a couple 1000 watt Farberware microwaves from Kohl’s-after discounts, Kohl‘s cash, etc., I think the one I bought this year (for my son for Christmas) was ~$70!

I've used the Asurion warranty for a set of LED work lights. One of them fell and broke. They asked me to send the broken one in for repair, which was not possible. They did not even want the power supply. I checked a week later and they refunded the amount I paid for the set and let me keep the remaining light. It was easy for me.

Thanks for your input.

I've used the Asurion warranty for a set of LED work lights. One of them fell and broke. They asked me to send the broken one in for repair, which was not possible. They did not even want the power supply. I checked a week later and they refunded the amount I paid for the set and let me keep the remaining light. It was easy for me.

I buy them when it makes sense to me and depends on the cost of course. Some prices can get crazy & just take into consideration that microwaves have been produced for a long time so the odds of it failing within a few years is probably slim.

Are you talking about warranties in general, or from Asurion in particular?

I buy them when it makes sense to me and depends on the cost of course. Some prices can get crazy & just take into consideration that microwaves have been produced for a long time so the odds of it failing within a few years is probably slim.

Are you talking about warranties in general, or from Asurion in particular?
Both, but to be more specific I've bought Eight warranties from WalMart via/Asurion as the insurer since 2015. I've filed 3 claims in that time period & I have none currently active. I logged into the portal & was reminded that I had a 5-6k btu window air conditioner that was giving me an issue. Called them up & spoke to a guy that ended up refunded me my money. They had no interest in shipping the A/C anywhere.

Some of These companies do issue gift card but sometimes you can request cash refund but no guarantees.

Back