Amazon/FedEX issues

1)My car needs a part. I decided to save $50 from brick and mortar.. and decided not to drive to local dealership.. so i buy an OEM part from Amazon.

2)Order placed- tracked it daily.. looked like all was going well. (4 days from order to Out for Delivery).

3) Tracked order that evening said Package Delivered at 1:30 left near front door, signature on file.

4)No. Didnt happen.

5) Toggled thru Amazon to see how i get this sorted.. Only options i have are to return the item... no option to return something that i did not receive.

6) Found a tab that says Wheres My Stuff. " Wait 48 hours - in rare cases packages may say delivered up to 48 hours prior to arrival " Huh? Am I a rare case?

7)I have pilfered all around the site but cannot figure out how to get a refund..or anything. I have resulted to googling Amazon Customer Service phone number.. and will call this evening if my package has not arrived.

8)Im not a Prime member so this is thru a 3rd party.. i have gathered that i have to Email this customer to get it sorted out.. but i found this out thru googling not to be found on Amazon.

9) My address is clearly marked.. i have no idea how FedEx finds the house to deliver to.. and no idea what Signature on File means..

10) The guy that got my package- its a car part! I mean the least you could do is make it right and bring it to my house.. what did you do? Toss it in the trash?

So in summary as far as i can tell if i get something and just dont like it its an easy process to return it.. if you dont get the package...then you are on your own.

The USPS delivers 7 days a week.. my mailman knows where i live...

FedEx- guy you failed me. Neighbor- you failed me. Amazon- you made this more complicated than it should be.

FedEx, USPS and UPS have been saying packages have been "delivered" when they haven't for years now. I'm guessing it's a way to artificially boost their metrics? I've had this happen with my own packages, and packages ordered at work. Pretty ridiculous, and defeats the purpose of tracking.

You can chat with Amazon, they just kinda bury it (deliberately I'm sure).

On a desktop site (I hate their mobile site) go to Help at the bottom, then Need More Help, then Contact Us.

I also used the thing where they call me (on the same page) once. That time I was impressed - they called almost immediately and I got a real Amuhreecan - it was like speaking with my next door neighbor (you can tell chat is always India but they're so ingratiating they'll almost always just refund, so the Indians have always fixed my problems, too)

No matter what, it's a bit of work, but mistakes happen and that's life

This is an old-fashioned technique but it still works great - pick up the phone and call them ! Amazon, that is, not the carrier.

Last edited:
This happened to me on EBay, thankfully on a inexpensive item. They said I signed for it. When I said I had video from my Ring doorbell that no attempt was made by UPS, Ebay said they trust UPS more than me and to eat excrement . Corporate buds hanging together. Finally I had my Credit card company take care of it. But what a pain.

Reactions: JC1
In the amount of time it took to write that post, you could have had a call back from Amazon already. Directions are posted in D60's post.

Stuff happens. Packages get misdelivered from time to time. EVERY carrier has made a mistake at one point or another in making deliveries to my address.

Even if it was a 3rd party, Amazon is acting as its agent and therefore is responsible, don't let them shunt you on anyone else.
Look up agency law that ought to clarify it.

8)Im not a Prime member so this is thru a 3rd party.. i have gathered that i have to Email this customer to get it sorted out.. but i found this out thru googling not to be found on Amazon.

Being an Amazon Prime member amounts to nothing, their fulfillment and shipping operations have slowed to a snail's pace in recent times. I had a free Prime membership for a month that ended just last weekend. Everything I ordered did not actually get shipped until a week after ordering. I even tried to cancel one order three days ahead of the projected date to ship and they refused to cancel shipment which I find ridiculous.

I remember years ago when Amazon deliberately slowed down their free shipping to encourage people to sign up for a Prime membership. I would regularly receive packages within two or three days with free shipping and then it turned into two or three weeks. Prime was reliable for two day shipping but now it's like Amazon just doesn't give a ____ and expects you to pay for this service with no real benefit from a shipping perspective.

If it was signed for you should be able to view the signature somehow. Maybe it’s a neighbor?
Not necessarily. I know it's not FexEx, but with "the virus" my USPS carrier will now sign for any packages that I have sent to the house which need a signature, but he will knock on the door first to make sure I'm home, and only then will he sign and leave it on the porch.

In the amount of time it took to write that post, you could have had a call back from Amazon already. Directions are posted in D60's post.

Stuff happens. Packages get misdelivered from time to time. EVERY carrier has made a mistake at one point or another in making deliveries to my address.

Yes True.. however i am still 2 hours from my 48 hrs and am hoping that it shows up today.. if not i found the part at the dealer for $25 more in stock.

I am at work and cannot track it any further.. so have to physically look after work.

The signature is what i have issue with.. not only did the guy deliver to the wrong place he likely forged a signature. Because it says left on doorstep..

Not necessarily. I know it's not FexEx, but with "the virus" my USPS carrier will now sign for any packages that I have sent to the house which need a signature, but he will knock on the door first to make sure I'm home, and only then will he sign and leave it on the porch.
The signature is what i have issue with.. not only did the guy deliver to the wrong place he likely forged a signature. Because it says left on doorstep..
Carriers are not taking signatures currently, even less so with residential deliveries. Companies like UPS and Fedex Ground dropped that years ago but maintained it with business addresses for a while. About a year ago, even UPS and Fedex ('air', not ground) dropped signatures for businesses unless it was specifically "signature required". With COVID, none of them request signatures, no matter what.

Being an Amazon Prime member amounts to nothing, their fulfillment and shipping operations have slowed to a snail's pace in recent times. I had a free Prime membership for a month that ended just last weekend. Everything I ordered did not actually get shipped until a week after ordering. I even tried to cancel one order three days ahead of the projected date to ship and they refused to cancel shipment which I find ridiculous.

I remember years ago when Amazon deliberately slowed down their free shipping to encourage people to sign up for a Prime membership. I would regularly receive packages within two or three days with free shipping and then it turned into two or three weeks. Prime was reliable for two day shipping but now it's like Amazon just doesn't give a ____ and expects you to pay for this service with no real benefit from a shipping perspective.

'Rona has given everyone carte blanche to be lazy in the name of "safety". It's definitely become an issue for me as I relied on Prime to get things timely for my shop and my customers. Now, most stuff takes a week where it really did used to be 2 days -- 3 max -- prior to March

People need to remember that "Left at doorstep" or similar is not proof of delivery. Many companies will try and push back with a customer that didn't receive an order and claim that is sufficient proof that they did deliver it but do not let them ! Thing is, many customers accept this and place an order and pay again as if they made a mistake or it's their fault. Tell the business "I'm going to review my RING doorbell video" (even if you don't have one) or even better, "I'll dispute this with my credit card company". The CC company will ask for real proof of delivery, like a signature, and without it, they're do a backcharge.

Here's "proof of delivery" Amazon sent us recently. When they deliver, sometimes we get text updates, oftentimes we don't.

POD.jpg

That's not our house.... We have nice neighbors though, although we don't know who it was, but they brought it to our porch.

In some cases FedEx delivers it to the local post office and they deliver to you. The FedEx "delivered" time/date could be the time/date they left it at a post office.

Much easier if Amazon does the shipping. But not always the case especially with auto parts.

UPS and FedEx give huge discounts to volume shippers, USPS must also but not huge just a plain discount.

Here's "proof of delivery" Amazon sent us recently. When they deliver, sometimes we get text updates, oftentimes we don't.

View attachment 25949

That's not our house.... We have nice neighbors though, although we don't know who it was, but they brought it to our porch.
I've gotten that, along with being to track where the package is once it is 10 stops or less from my house. Nice feature, I guess, but I still prefer locker delivery when it's available.

With the volume of crap being delivered today, mishaps are bound to happen.

I've had stuff arrive in 2 days, 10 days or not at all w/out some hassle.

In some cases FedEx delivers it to the local post office and they deliver to you. The FedEx "delivered" time/date could be the time/date they left it at a post office.

Much easier if Amazon does the shipping. But not always the case especially with auto parts.

UPS and FedEx give huge discounts to volume shippers, USPS must also but not huge just a plain discount.

I've personally not had it register as delivered when dropped at the local PO, it knows it's not delivered and won't reflect as such until USPS shows it delivered.

But every case is different and I once had the local PO show as delivered when they should have checked "Notice Left." IOW only as good as the human behind the screen

And yeah, the "SmartPost" versions of FedEx and UPS suck. UPS is a little better because their system is smart enough to see if they're already bringing you something else they'll bypass the PO on SmartPost stuff and bring you that, too. IOW they already have to come to your physical address for other packages so might as well bring everything.

Back