Amazing old people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you're in medical....my wife was a high risk pregnancy, so she had weekly ultrasounds. While we were waiting, she said I'll make next week's appointment. She returns to our seats very quickly. I said what happened? The young receptionist said I have to call her to make the next appointment.

I saw she was chit chatting and doing nothing, with a group of persons, so I walked up and politely said, did you tell my wife she has to call, to make an appointment? She said yep. I said that doesn't make sense, when we're standing right in front of you. She said well, I'm busy, so call to make the appt. I walked back to the seats like my wife did, tail tucked...btw the ultrasound tech said, she said that? pffftttt....let me make the appt. for you, and opens up a screen and makes it.
Healthcare Business 101- no one leaves without their next appointment! Soooo much easier to do it now than try and hunt people down later. Plus, it's just good customer service.

This week I conversed with 2 mid-90's gentlemen that simply amazed me. Both seemed to be fairly fit and both are still driving alone. Wow! I took the opportunity to explore their past with them, both just barely remembering the depression and both missing WWII service due to age (high school). Both men brought up the idea that our current connectivity (phones, social media) is having negative effects on our society.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit with very old people, take a moment to show them respect by engaging with them. It's beneficial to both parties.
Great thoughts and Post! Very nice of you to spend any of your time with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back