Amanda Todd - 15 year old commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Nice picture of her. There are number of them on Google. I was a bit shocked to see "the picture" as part of an awful meme in the search results though
frown.gif

What a twisted world we live in.

I wish I had the chance to talk to her before she killed herself. I would've told her
that the stupid people on twitter are not worth taking the life of such a pretty girl.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: 65cuda

Worse is that your children will probably follow your lead and bully some other children and maybe cause the same result as with Todd. Of course it might also be that they come up against someone that will the play them and they will end up in jail.

Or bully someone who will turn them into victims. (Shoot/stab/beat the snot out of).

And given his blame the victim attitude.....

and after all this blame and anger towards me, If I feel sad and pity my own self, and go ahead and kill myself, who is to blame? Me or You?

Thank you!

Being a self confessed bully and sociopath, you by definition lack empathy in your fundamental being, and can not even begin to understand what goes through the victim's head.

Thus it's the victim's fault to you, for being weak...

All of you who are looking down on me for expressing my thoughts openly here --- YOU ARE THE CLASSIC BULLIES YOU FIND AT SCHOOL AND AT WORK, EVERYDAY. PUSHING YOUR BIG BUTT INSIDE EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOR AGREE TO YOUR VIEWPOINTS.

Originally Posted By: chiks
Thank you for playing. I guess we all know who the real bullies are now!!!

Yep the same one that brags about screwing people without them knowing who did it and proud of it. The same one that is setting a bad example to his kids on handle life. The same one that is living in denial that he is a bully and it is OK to bully others.

All of you who are looking down on me for expressing my thoughts openly here --- YOU ARE THE CLASSIC BULLIES YOU FIND AT SCHOOL AND AT WORK, EVERYDAY. PUSHING YOUR BIG BUTT INSIDE EVERYBODY WHO DOES NOR AGREE TO YOUR VIEWPOINTS.

I was acting like this when I was in middle school, and as a result I end up being the public target for bullying because I'm a "bad guy" that talk trash. I also blame others for my situation until I grow up and transfer into a different school later.

If I remember I did not accuse you of anything, but you turn many of us into a "them against me" situation.

If you are no longer in middle school, maybe you should grow out of this kind of behavior. If you want to express your opinion about who's at fault and how you would have just hit back in the dark, maybe this is not a good time to do it. Even though we do not have any personal connection to Amanda, this kind of response is really insensitive and will only make you look bad. The response you get is due to this insensitivity rather than what you suggest, that others may also do in this situation.

This is the most polite way I can say it.

PandaBear: That's another important point. There is always too much time wasted trying to assign blame, rather than fixing the problem. And that's everywhere. A business associate of mine has the same problem. The second something goes wrong, the first thing he does is try to find blame. Fixing the problem is always secondary.

The house may be on fire, but he'll look for the person holding the matches before he grabs the fire extinguisher or calls 911.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

I was acting like this when I was in middle school, and as a result I end up being the public target for bullying because I'm a "bad guy" that talk trash. I also blame others for my situation until I grow up and transfer into a different school later.

If I remember I did not accuse you of anything, but you turn many of us into a "them against me" situation.

If you are no longer in middle school, maybe you should grow out of this kind of behavior. If you want to express your opinion about who's at fault and how you would have just hit back in the dark, maybe this is not a good time to do it. Even though we do not have any personal connection to Amanda, this kind of response is really insensitive and will only make you look bad. The response you get is due to this insensitivity rather than what you suggest, that others may also do in this situation.

This is the most polite way I can say it.

I am neither mad nor am I angry at anyone over here. I am so ahead in my life(mental peace) that I do not even recall the last time I shouted at anybody, in anger. I was merely being obnoxious to prove a point, which is that people bully others who do not confirm with their viewpoints, and feel justified in doing so. Nobody here has any idea why Amanda was targeted (or bullied as some say over here).

Whenever there is an incident, there are the following groups you will find:

1. Participants - affected people
2. Spectators, audience, rubberneckers
3. Reporters
4. Investigators
5. Sympathizers

Each of these group has their role in the environment.

In case of a fire, the homeowners, and the firemen are the immeditate participants in the incident.

Then there are spectators who simply drop their jaw, and move on.

Reporters are the ones who report on the incident. They do not get involved in sympathizing or participating in the event. They will not pick up the bucket of water or take hold of a firehose. They will stick to holding their microphone and narrating the activity.

Investigators are neither spectators nor sympathizers. They want to investigate and find the root cause.

Sympathizers are the ones who get involved with the participants and try to console them.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
Was her life more valuable because she was 'beautiful'? some beautiful people do some awful things, and vice versa.

How about some sympathy for Shania Gray?

How about some sympathy for Malala Yousufzai, A Pakistani teenage girl shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls' education ? Did she do anything wrong in her part according to Western standard/moral ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Was her life more valuable because she was 'beautiful'? some beautiful people do some awful things, and vice versa.

How about some sympathy for Shania Gray?

How about some sympathy for Malala Yousufzai, A Pakistani teenage girl shot in the head by the Taliban for promoting girls' education ? Did she do anything wrong in her part according to Western standard/moral ?

exactly. but Malala IS getting sympathy and attention from world leaders; my example of Shania Gray is because her case is ignored.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What a waste; she was such a beautiful girl.
frown.gif

fe21554b4df287b8046461f50d50.jpg

was her life more valuable because she was 'beautiful'? some beautiful people do some awful things, and vice versa.

how about some sympathy for Shania Gray?

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/09/s...alleged-rapist/

Make a new topic about Shania if you want us to pay our respects there. She certainly deserves them.

I started this thread to give Amanda's situation attention on this board. Since then, yes, it has gained a lot of steam in the media as well. There is nothing stopping you from attempting to draw more attention to Shania's cause as I have done to Amanda's
thumbsup2.gif

Whether Amanda was good looking or not is irrelevant. And I certainly don't think that was the point of Merkava's post, so please don't twist his words.

His sentiment appeared to be simply that her life was wasted, being lost so young. And, that she was a beautiful girl.

Nothing wrong with that.

There is a pretty in depth book that was written called
"The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout.

The most dangerous people are not those that "broadcast" or communicate the machinations they want to commit but instead these "covert" "defectives" that lurk around in the background. These people are extremely intelligent, opportunistic, and also go to great lengths to plan their ugly deeds. They also tend to be very arrogant as well, which luckily is their weakness.

I have personal experience with these types if you know what to look for you CAN detect them before any damage to you can be done. Yes, these people should be totally avoided if possible but since there are so many of them if you find yourself being
"eightballed" a planned, rapid, and very aggressive response is what is needed to fend off their assaults. Essentially go for the jugular, it is what they do and what they understand.

Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
School bully's grow up and become cops. Once in uniform they continue their bullying ways on the public.

really ? this is what you truly believe ?

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Originally Posted By: 2Fast4U
School bully's grow up and become cops. Once in uniform they continue their bullying ways on the public.

really ? this is what you truly believe ?

The ones I know grow up to be teacher, doctors, join military, enter politics, work in the are of quality control, etc.

The only commonality is that they all end up in positions that they can say NO to others when they justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back