Amanda Todd - 15 year old commits suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loobed you haven't learned yet have you? It is her fault because she did something stupid. It isn't the bully's fault. After all she made them upset and so it is OK to bully, or at least according to some.

Originally Posted By: 65cuda
Loobed you haven't learned yet have you? It is her fault because she did something stupid. It isn't the bully's fault. After all she made them upset and so it is OK to bully, or at least according to some.

Had to be directed at me. Not once did a say these cases are the girls "fault". Were they raped?????????????????

"Poke" a sleeping tiger and expect to get slaughtered if you're not stronger.

There's no excuse for bullying at all. NONE. But you can't deny that freewill and choice led to these outcomes, as tragic as they are. If I'd have been in the presence of any of these girls getting bullied, I'd have defended them. But the situation is what it is.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Had to be directed at me. Not once did a say these cases are the girls "fault". Were they raped?????????????????

There's no excuse for bullying at all. NONE. But you can't deny that freewill and choice led to these outcomes, as tragic as they are. If I'd have been in the presence of any of these girls getting bullied, I'd have defended them. But the situation is what it is.

Actually, I figured it was directed at chiks
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Nope wasn't directed at you at all. However it does seem that you are making excuses for the bullies. Making stupid choices is no excuse to bully someone. Even adults have done things and still do things that have come back to bite them. I'd hate to think of the things I've done when a kid or when drinking. Nowadays I'd probably have to deal with some bully also.

I'm not making excuses for anyone. I'm just observing logical human behavior. Decision, Reaction, predictable outcome.

That's why I never tried getting action at a high school football game after party. In fact, one of the most popular guys in my highschool graduating class fell out of a window drunk at a party and is wheel chair bound. Should I feel sorry for him? Especially when he treated me like a turd?

I don't understand why you don't get it.
Actually per your viewpoint I should feel sorry for Hitler too.
Should I?
Hitler felt very lonely when the Allies fought and brought him down.

Just cuz this is a 15 yr old does not absolve her from her wrong doings.

Coming from you I can only expect that kind of response. Of course someone that admits that they have no problem with backstabbing people or admitting that they would go after some woman if he felt like he had been wronged what else? Sorry I guess that doing something stupid at 13 or 15 means that they are fair game after that right? What a idiot.

Are we really comparing a 15 year old who made bad choices to Hitler? Really? Am I the only one who thinks that is a bit of a stretch. Someone watches too much Fox News.

ref

Coming from you I can only expect that kind of response. Of course someone that admits that they have no problem with backstabbing people or admitting that they would go after some woman if he felt like he had been wronged what else? Sorry I guess that doing something stupid at 13 or 15 means that they are fair game after that right? What a idiot.

Listen to Mr. Righteousness talk over here. You folks would hit back. But I choose to stab my bully in the back, and that is wrong? What a joke.

Originally Posted By: refaller
Are we really comparing a 15 year old who made bad choices to Hitler? Really? Am I the only one who thinks that is a bit of a stretch. Someone watches too much Fox News.

ref

No. We are comparing bad Choices and their results.
The difference is that I do not bring age into the picture. You do.

Yes it is wrong. You are still a child that never grew up. An adult doesn't hit back as much as learn how to deal with people in a responsible way. Yes you are a joke. You seem to think that it is fine to be a back stabber since you never grew up and figured out how to deal with situations up front.

Yes you are comparing bad choices, but age does come into play. You seem to think that because someone that is early teens makes a bad choice they are fair game for anything that happens to them afterwards. Kind of like a free pass. That you don't like to bring age into it only shows that you don't want to accept the fact that especially young kids will always make bad choices at some point and time. What you don't want to accept is that an adult will understand that and not give the free pass to anyone that wants to bully them back. An adult has learned from mistakes hopefully. Some just never grew up and still have a child mentality and thinks like a child so it makes believe that it is OK to bully when someone makes a mistake.

Originally Posted By: refaller

ref

What does Fox News have anything to do with this?

Originally Posted By: chiks

Should I?

Now you are an expert on Hitler and know how he felt.
smirk.gif

Tell me, what was Darth Vader thinking when he cut off his son's hand.

Yes it is wrong. You are still a child that never grew up. An adult doesn't hit back as much as learn how to deal with people in a responsible way. Yes you are a joke. You seem to think that it is fine to be a back stabber since you never grew up and figured out how to deal with situations up front.

That us fine. I do what works for me.

You also expect that we should not have CIA, just Marines who can fight directly.

And no politicians too. They are the best backstabbers of all.

Originally Posted By: Loobed
Originally Posted By: chiks

Should I?

Now you are an expert on Hitler and know how he felt.
smirk.gif

Tell me, what was Darth Vader thinking when he cut off his son's hand.

And you are an expert on how Amanda felt???

Yes you are comparing bad choices, but age does come into play. You seem to think that because someone that is early teens makes a bad choice they are fair game for anything that happens to them afterwards. Kind of like a free pass. That you don't like to bring age into it only shows that you don't want to accept the fact that especially young kids will always make bad choices at some point and time. What you don't want to accept is that an adult will understand that and not give the free pass to anyone that wants to bully them back. An adult has learned from mistakes hopefully. Some just never grew up and still have a child mentality and thinks like a child so it makes believe that it is OK to bully when someone makes a mistake.

Bad choices are just that. I am age agnostic on that part. That is how I think, and not worried that you think different.

You should also talk to the insurance companies to charge the same rates for teens, or maybe even lower as they are not mature enough and should not be punished by higher rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back