Always check your filter..

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one more reason why I'm in love with the Toyota cartridge filter on my Corolla. No mystery in the can.

Originally Posted By: Oscar_Ruitt
I suppose a good case can be made for ecores based on this finding...

Yeah, the holes go clear through. Including the media sometimes, apparently. I don't trust them that much.

I used to use Fram the most,at one time that was probably all I used.Never had any problems.This was one different cars.

I have used the Super Tech E-Core filters,the thing that I dont like about them is the cage,it needs more frame work in it to support the filter element.

I have also used a WIX made Parts Master filters,I dont like the filter element,it seems brittle.

I am using a Purolator right now.

I am getting leary of filters.It seems that the ones that were thought to be good have lapsed in quality.

^I actually wouldn't argue with you there, though I still regard Napa Gold as one of my favorites. It is only about $1-$2(most) for a Fram Extended Guard oil filter for my app. Then it gets into the higher priced($10+) crow.d

Originally Posted By: motorguy222
I have used the Super Tech E-Core filters,the thing that I dont like about them is the cage,it needs more frame work in it to support the filter element.

I agree. Give it a better cage, a silicon combination valve, slightly higher efficiency, and I'll buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back