Alternator Recommendation - Camry

I think when it comes to electrical / electronic auto parts, it's pretty much hit or miss today, regardless of brand. Electronics can last an incredible amount of time, or they can go quickly. It's the nature of the beast.

And most all of the components they are built with, especially electronics, are generic.... (read Chinese). So just because you're paying more, doesn't automatically guarantee that you are getting a better overall part.

I'm still on vacation in Boston currently, but my brother went and swapped the alternator with a reman from the local rebuilder I posted previously. He says it's working great. Best part is I didn't have to do the dirty work! :ROFLMAO:.

Had him put on a new Continental belt. He also had to splice in a new electrical connector as the old one was disintegrated.

963C7BA4-C899-4681-A0E1-BAE3DD71C8BA.jpeg

The Bosch rebuild process sounds great on paper, but in reality, Denso has the better reputation for this application.
Your statement says a lot and I agree - advertising vs real world performance are 2 different things.

The Bosch rebuild process sounds great on paper, but in reality, Denso has the better reputation for this application.
In reality Bosch is using new bearings at a minimum and a 2 year warranty (same as new) with up to 50 miles free towing, they provide a toll free number in case of a failure. I have installed a lot of their alternators and starters over the years for myself and other people and never needed to make the call.
Denso doesnt come close to this.

Recently I installed a AC delco, didn't charge and squealed so I returned it. Then went the Advance Auto parts route, same thing. Ended up with an Orielly alternator, so for so good. I'm sure all three are Chinese chit, the orielly is just a little bit better chit.

still wanna (post 41, not toyota) honda aftr mrkt referrence. Denso might B it? (oe anyway?). My DB Electric (TN) is now
greatly taken over by chinese...

I find it hard to believe a larger rebuild co doesn't replace bearings- and other than a clean up and bead blast that's all these units need- brushes and bearings, although my preference for bearings is expensive, koyo, nsk, nachi. Honda/Toy with oem Denso- I just find a tested used unit and good to go.

I find it hard to believe a larger rebuild co doesn't replace bearings- and other than a clean up and bead blast that's all these units need- brushes and bearings, although my preference for bearings is expensive, koyo, nsk, nachi. Honda/Toy with oem Denso- I just find a tested used unit and good to go.

Denso can get my without replacing the bearings because people will buy it anyway because of the brand name on it.

Recently I installed a AC delco, didn't charge and squealed so I returned it. Then went the Advance Auto parts route, same thing. Ended up with an Orielly alternator, so for so good. I'm sure all three are Chinese chit, the orielly is just a little bit better chit.
All reman rotating electrical is done in Mexico, Indonesia or China these days. Remy is now part of Borg-Warner and who knows owns BBB. WAI/Transpo makes a lot of the small parts for the aftermarket of questionable quality.

Back