Alternative for Lexus Toyota WS

I do have to ask if you have an example of a company that does not cut corners whenever possible for mass market vehicles?
No, but making a rust bucket should not be one of them. Go with cheap hard plastic interior like Hyundai does. They look good but, knock your knuckles on it and it is as hard as a rock.

ATF-69032_small-e1539879658843.jpg

my
#1 choice is OEM +Lubegard Red
#2 choice is Lubegard ATF
#3 choice is Valvoline MaxLife ATF +Lubegard Red or Platinum
#4 choice is Valvoline Import ATF (higher viscosity) +Lubegard Red or Platinum

No, but making a rust bucket should not be one of them. Go with cheap hard plastic interior like Hyundai does. They look good but, knock your knuckles on it and it is as hard as a rock.
Thats fair, the main thing sending cars to the junker in many places is rust. Its just not something i deal with as much where i am.

View attachment 68574
my
#1 choice is OEM +Lubegard Red
#2 choice is Lubegard ATF
#3 choice is Valvoline MaxLife ATF +Lubegard Red or Platinum
#4 choice is Valvoline Import ATF (higher viscosity) +Lubegard Red or Platinum
What about Idemitsu TLS-LV + Lubegard Red? Wouldn't it improve heat transfer and shift quality above Idemitsu's own formulation if it's worked so well in numerous other applications? If this is likely, what about dosing? - I've heard others say it can be better to use less than 1oz a quart. Even saw someone post they only use 1 ounce for their *entire* transmission fill (which seems like it would do almost nothing, because that would be 1oz in up to 8+ quarts of fluid, depending on vehicle).

What about Idemitsu TLS-LV + Lubegard Red? Wouldn't it improve heat transfer and shift quality above Idemitsu's own formulation if it's worked so well in numerous other applications? If this is likely, what about dosing? - I've heard others say it can be better to use less than 1oz a quart. Even saw someone post they only use 1 ounce for their *entire* transmission fill (which seems like it would do almost nothing, because that would be 1oz in up to 8+ quarts of fluid, depending on vehicle).

What's your take on adding LG Red to Idemitsu TLS-LV vs using the ATF alone?

Idemitsu's Type H Plus formulations are completely a different formulation than Honda's OEM formulation, that's a fact:

Compare Idemitsu TLS-LV's VOA vs Toyota OEM's VOA to make a comparison and judgement. Yes the Idemitsu products will work, and most likely your Toyota transmission wouldn't be picky on formulation.

Lubegard Red does add an extra layer of protection with esters, raise your fluid's flashpoint temperature to resist breakdown...

1oz per 8+ qt. fill? :ROFLMAO:

1oz per 1qt. is the recommended dose, it has smoothed out all 4/5/6 seed automatic transmissions I've used.

I've done 2oz per 1qt. for problematic and nearly worn-out transmissions.

ANY clean compatible fluid is better than old worn out dirty fluid.

Some people are 100% against using any third party additives :poop:

Your vehicle, your choice!

No I was asking you where the film strength comparison came from. Apparently it didn’t come from anywhere.

Understood. So nothing additional to add. And as previously stated, "information was obtained from the manufacturer, Redline"

Redline D6 ATF.JPG

Understood. So nothing additional to add. And as previously stated, "information was obtained from the manufacturer, Redline"
But let's get back to basics Sid, all I was doing was asking you about something you posted:

Hello, Interested if a member has experience using Redline D6ATF (uses a Group IV/V base stock for better thermal stability and better film strength) in 2006 - 2013 Lexus IS 350 (6-speed Aisin A760E automatic transmission, RWD) instead of the OEM Toyota 00289-ATFWS trans fluid.
I asked where the film strength number came from for the Toyota product for comparison and you said "Information was obtained from the manufacturer, Redline", which turned out to be incorrect. And per the sheets you posted above and your contact with the company apparently there isn't a film strength value for the Red Line product either. So in the end after all is said and done it's you that doesn't have anything to add. You have neither a film strength for Red Line nor for Toyota WS.

But let's get back to basics Sid, all I was doing was asking you about something you posted:

I asked where the film strength number came from for the Toyota product for comparison and you said "Information was obtained from the manufacturer, Redline", which turned out to be incorrect. And per the sheets you posted above and your contact with the company apparently there isn't a film strength value for the Red Line product either. So in the end after all is said and done it's you that doesn't have anything to add. You have neither a film strength for Red Line nor for Toyota WS.
Not into going back an forth, especially with nothing useful being discussed. With that being said, as I stated, the the Information was obtained from the the the manufacturer and is how I obtained it (not incorrect) via the following: https://www.redlineoil.com/contactus (I encourage you to follow up with Redline with any inquiry you may have). I did not state the information was in the Technical Data sheet however, posted for members to review. I again ask, would you have any relevant information to add regarding the comparison between the two fluids that may benefit others with making the decision as well?

Not into going back an forth, especially with nothing useful being discussed. With that being said, as I stated, the the Information was obtained from the the the manufacturer and is how I obtained it (not incorrect) via the following: https://www.redlineoil.com/contactus (I encourage you to follow up with Redline with any inquiry you may have). I did not state the information was in the Technical Data sheet however, posted for members to review. I again ask, would you have any relevant information to add regarding the comparison between the two fluids that may benefit others with making the decision as well?
I would only comment if you had posted something that was worthy of a response. But since there isn’t, then no.

Changed my wife’s 2017 RX350 fluid at 43k with Toyota WS.

I expected dark oxidized fluid, but it was still pretty red and clean.

Driving habits and temperature are going to dictate fluid condition.

On the towel- old fluid on left.

I’ll do another change in another 60k.

Attachments

• 7A7FF412-E6F3-4F38-A2CE-58FA94FEEE1A.jpeg
    7A7FF412-E6F3-4F38-A2CE-58FA94FEEE1A.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 44
  • BE6ADF02-58D5-4054-95A2-92291846DC83.jpeg
    BE6ADF02-58D5-4054-95A2-92291846DC83.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Y_K
SuperOldSchool, thanks for posting your results. Appreciate you taking the time and doing so. I'm thinking of staying with the OEM TOYOTA 00289-ATFWS Fluid as well

Changed my wife’s 2017 RX350 fluid at 43k with Toyota WS.

I expected dark oxidized fluid, but it was still pretty red and clean.

Driving habits and temperature are going to dictate fluid condition.

On the towel- old fluid on left.

I’ll do another change in another 60k.
Seems the old fluid has a purple tint to it, I had the same thing on my Scion the last time I changed it:
New fluid on left, old on right (a mix of WS and Maxlife that was in for 30,000 miles)
full-4879-33458-1.jpeg

Back