Using non-WS spec'd ATF in 6-speed U660E automatic transmission?

IMG_9355.JPG
IMG_9354.JPG
IMG_9363.JPG
IMG_9364.JPG

So I have these from when I used to own older Toyotas that used T-IV ATF, I have too many of these on hand for me to justify using something else in my WS spec'd transmissions in my 08 Lexus ES 350 and 14 Toyota Avalon XLE, unless you guys think that I should only be using an ATF that states on the back that it is compatible with WS ATF, I would use Maxlife ATF if these above aren't suitable as its affordable and has always served me and many others greatly.

Anyone has had any success using anything non WS spec'd in there 6-speed U660E automatic transmissions?

I wish you were closer. I'd take them off your hands for my 03 Toyota Matrix. For WS, stick with something it's spec'd for. I wouldn't want my trans to be the test subject with nothing but anecdotal evidence. You're on the hook if it goes :poop: bag, not them.

I guess the question I have is, do you enough of the Amsoil or are you planning on mixing the Valvoline with it?

Because if you’re not going to use a WS compatible fluid, I’d probably chose the Amsoil over that Valvoline spec’d fluid.

Go to the Amsoil website, you'll be able to find out if that fluid will work in your Toyota.

I have a 2016 Toyota Avalon...I’ve done the transmission service on it at 50,000 miles...pan drop, filter replacement, gasket. I used Toyota WS, but I know many use the Maxlife without issue. Some use Aisin fluid because it’s a buck or two cheaper. Honestly I was able to get the WS fluid pretty cheap at the dealer.

And before the Avalon I had a Lexus LS460, I just used the WS fluid in that too. Pretty much everyone just used the WS in that 8-speed, but I bet that’s because most were so scared to do a tranny service on that car ( for no reason at all, it was a piece of cake).

I guess the question I have is, do you enough of the Amsoil or are you planning on mixing the Valvoline with it?

Because if you’re not going to use a WS compatible fluid, I’d probably chose the Amsoil over that Valvoline spec’d fluid.

Go to the Amsoil website, you'll be able to find out if that fluid will work in your Toyota.

I have a 2016 Toyota Avalon...I’ve done the transmission service on it at 50,000 miles...pan drop, filter replacement, gasket. I used Toyota WS, but I know many use the Maxlife without issue. Some use Aisin fluid because it’s a buck or two cheaper. Honestly I was able to get the WS fluid pretty cheap at the dealer.

And before the Avalon I had a Lexus LS460, I just used the WS fluid in that too. Pretty much everyone just used the WS in that 8-speed, but I bet that’s because most were so scared to do a tranny service on that car ( for no reason at all, it was a piece of cake).
Amsoil Fuel efficient ATF is spec’d for WS, not the Amsoil Signature ATF I got.

anyone tried it in a 6 speed WS spec’d transmission?

the amsoil and valvoline are both aimed at pre-LV dexron type ATFs.

you’ll want red bottle valvoline maxlife as a substitute to WS
Yeah I figured, I just wanted to see if anyone has tried them in WS spec'd transmissions

Hello @AKhan87. Did you ever end up using these fluids instead of the WS? If you did, then do you have any positive/negative feedback to share? I'm considering a non-ws fluid for a 2010 Avalon, and came across your thread.

Hello @AKhan87. Did you ever end up using these fluids instead of the WS? If you did, then do you have any positive/negative feedback to share? I'm considering a non-ws fluid for a 2010 Avalon, and came across your thread.
sorry for the late reply, I would always use a WS or something like Valvoline Maxlife ATF (or other fluids that meet the spec) in your 2010 Avalon as the transmission has always been spec'd for WS.

I used non-WS fluid in my corolla because the exact same transmission in my other corollas had Toyota Type IV fluid from the factory and they had 200k to 350k miles before their first fluid change (I always do a complete fluid change in my Toyotas and no they have never failed because the fluid was super dark brown...) and always drove perfectly for 100k+ more miles onto the next owner.

Back