Poll: what'd you use in your WS-spec'd AT?

What ATF have you used for your automatic (non hybrid) transmission which calls for Toyota ATF WS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used this to replace the fill plug in a U760E trans which came in ~2010 - 2017 Sienna, Venza, Highlander, RAV4, etc. It replaces the 15/16" or 24mm bolt with a 10mm hex head plus the magnet. The video below shows the difference, but remember you'll need an aluminum washer for an aluminum case.

I agree in general.

A couple caveats - as you mention, some must be 15/16" (23.813mm) - because the 24mm socket is super sloppy and a 15/16" 6-sided fits perfectly. I know my rear Tacoma (2019) diff is for sure 15/16" but the TC and MT are 24mm.

I think the 10mm hexes are pretty good, but are not fool proof. I had a shop strip one (my God, man wow) and I have seen people try to use a 3/8" hex- come on man!

Yes, aluminum in aluminum, folding crush in steel, BUT the front dif drain on Tacoma, Tundra, others needs the large COPPER washer or that pig will leak, especially if you use a Dimple plug. the interface overlap is not big. A nice soft copper washer is supplied in the aftermarket washer kits just for that drain plug.

I don't see needing this for the fill plug for the MT and TC on a Tacoma as they don't need to be super tight or anything, but won't hurt either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like I'm too late for the poll, but I use Eneos Model T-W in my Sienna. Normally I'm a stickler for only using officially licensed fluids. But the Eneos fluid was significantly cheaper than the genuine WS fluid, and since Eneos made this fluid specifically for WS applications and nothing else, I figured it was safe to use, even though it's not officially licensed. It's been about 5k miles since I changed the fluid and the transmission still shifts great. I would definitely use it again.

I did 2 D&Rs on a 2009 Rav4 using Idemitsu TLS-LV from the AZ Clearance ($2 a qt.) and it seems to shift fine....The RAV had 164k miles and what drained out looked like the original fluid (black like well used motor oil)....Apparently the Aisin A/T used in this vehicle is a good one... Can TLS-LV be used in my 2008 Corolla that spec'd T-IV?

Last edited:
Back