Alternate thoughts on using HPL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks , what happened with the store shelf oils vs the specialty oils here recently? A while back lots of people on BITOG encouraged
people to "save your money and buy off the shelf at walmart or supertech etc..." I thought that was decent advice even though to each his own.
Now lately one of the hot topics here has been HPL. From what I have read is some very impressive / higher priced fluids. I am always
reading about every word I can about lubrication & companies. Is the latest interest in HPL mainly because some have found that their
long time favorites keep changing formulations or are being to difficult answering when contacted? I do see that HPL is very impressive and a consumer friendly manufacturer/supplier just exactly as you always want a really proud and confident company to be. They
also seem to back up their product with all the info they can get to the customers.

Funny how the same people who slammed “boutique” oils (Amsoil primarily) for its cost and store front availability, are now purchasing a more expensive oil than the “devil” Amsoil with less reach in distribution while vouching for it likes it’s the nectar of the gods.

Shows the bias or power of crowd mentality.

Funny how the same people who slammed “boutique” oils (Amsoil primarily) for its cost and store front availability, are now purchasing a more expensive oil than the “devil” Amsoil with less reach in distribution while vouching for it likes it’s the nectar of the gods.

Are you an Amsoil distributor?

Definitely a thing. I am not allowed to make such comments, but a couple folks here are over the top just as much as any Amsoil junkie. Just saying.

This is NOTHING negative about HPL. Sounds like a super great company.

The only downside to Amsoil is their annoying MLM sales system, aka the pamphlet regurgitation association. There's a few good dealers out there, but most couldn't tell you what goes into engine oil, much less what sets Amsoil apart from other brands. They spend less than 5 minutes looking through the welcome packet and suddenly think they're Joe Girard.

There were a number of people here using Amsoil before HPL came on the scene and still are using it. A lot of the same people who bashed Amsoil look for ways to bash HPL as well. They're usually the same ones going nuts over a $2 rebate on a $12 product.

The only downside to Amsoil is their annoying MLM sales system, aka the pamphlet regurgitation association. There's a few good dealers out there, but most couldn't tell you what goes into engine oil, much less what sets Amsoil apart from other brands. They spend less than 5 minutes looking through the welcome packet and suddenly think they're Joe Girard.

There were a number of people here using Amsoil before HPL came on the scene and still are using it. A lot of the same people who bashed Amsoil look for ways to bash HPL as well. They're usually the same ones going nuts over a $2 rebate on a $12 product.
That's always been my take...Amsoil is great but save the Amway sales pitch please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back