Almond milk.

So after a year of using almond milk I went back to 2% and or whole milk from local
Dairy near me. Just could never get over the weird taste of almond milk
IMHO the brand "Silk" has a very smooth taste. The store brands, private brands, etc., some do have an "off-taste". I'm lactose intolerant so try to stay away from regular cows milk.

:ROFLMAO: ....from food Inc, and big pharma...
Not interested into that bs.
Just now I read the fake meat producers are going bankrupt....
You do you... I don't have a problem with meat or you eating meat. I like a good burger as much as the next.

But I have blood work that proves otherwise.

Oats have a little gluten
Pure oats are 100% gluten free. If you find something like oatmeal or oatmeal cookies with Gluten, they added something else. So if oat milk is really from oats, there shouldn't be any gluten in it - as suggested by someone above.

I do agree with you that gluten for most is no issue. I stay away from Super Gluten - the genetically modified crap that makes wonder bread taste like air and salt. But pure milled grains - no problem.

Pure oats are 100% gluten free. If you find something like oatmeal or oatmeal cookies with Gluten, they added something else. So if oat milk is really from oats, there shouldn't be any gluten in it - as suggested by someone above.

I do agree with you that gluten for most is no issue. I stay away from Super Gluten - the genetically modified crap that makes wonder bread taste like air and salt. But pure milled grains - no problem.

I always thought oats had a tiny amount of gluten. I was wrong. Thanks.

Processed food is the DEVIL.
Salt and sugar are used to cover up all the other chemistry!
i agree
1) homo ate meat for many years, but today it´s bad... :LOL: (imagine caveman putting sugar, margarine,processed foods down the throat :LOL: ).
The first major evolutionary change in the human diet was the incorporation of meat and marrow from large animals, which occurred by at least 2.6 million years ago. https://www.nature.com/scitable/kno...ce-for-meat-eating-by-early-humans-103874273/
2) food inc next rhetoric- high nitrates in meat... guess what is used to produce huge (bland tasting) veggies :LOL:
3) almost everybody on earth has access to exotic fruits. but why no love for local stuff?
it´s picked green, "gassed" to survive through tedious transport thousands of miles... where are the co2 protesters when you need them ? :LOL:

FgARmcyaEAEHBIe.jpg
FgW5SgSX0AIRoQ-.png

I just read that foods (various plants we eat) that are high in oxalates are very beneficial to our health.
Whoever or whatever told you this is lying. Oxalates are anti-nutrients and are in no way beneficial to the human body.

My C-Reactive Protein numbers are down since eliminating the bulk of the animal protein from my diet-- took about 3 months. I'm not a dietician, but I'd be open to listening to what other variable might be responsible for that. The diet is what changed in my life, not much else. I've always exercised and been active.

I'll post more info on this later.

I drank unsweetened almond milk while on Keto. Used it in my coffee w a splash of heavy cream was pretty good. Would also drink it w keto snacks and baked goods as most are dry. In a regular water glass 12oz- I would add a couple ounces of heavy cream and fill w almond milk and stir. Was pretty good and gave me the consistency of real milk.

I'm going to buy that one tomorrow and give it a try. Do you recommend whole or 2%?
Probably whatever you drink with regular milk. They do seem a little "thinner" than regular milk, so its possible if you drink 2% now you might like the whole, but I would start with the same you use now and see?

About 8 years ago I stopped drinking cow milk. I still like it. Not entirely anti cow milk but i do think it's inflammatory. I've since been drinking almond, soy and oat. I rotate between them all.

Anyone here drink almond milk? It's all my girlfriend drinks, she's a total workout and health nut and swears by it. We always bought out separate milks. Me, my 2% cow's milk, and her, the almond milk. I always made fun, but curiosity got the best of me and I tried a glass of it just now, and it tastes exactly like cow's whole milk. I literally can't taste the difference. I really like it!

How is this stuff health wise compared to cow's milk?

For me it depends on if the almond milk is the shelf stable or refrigerated, and brand. Sone taste really off and some are very creamy.

Back