Almond milk.

Milk is for babies. Humans are the only species that consume it past the nursing age. It's only because the dairy board has convinced Americans that's it's so good for everybody, that adults drink it. I haven't had any since jr. high when it was the only drink you got with lunch at the school cafeteria decades ago. Not sure what tastes so great about it. I's like drinking liquid chalk to me.

Another garbage product of Food Inc. Those products should be banned from being called “milk”, as they are not. Mostly water soaked in almonds and chemicals for texture & thickening. And the sweetened versions have loads of sugar. Junk food.

Check out the glyphosate tests done on Oat Milk brands. It is pretty shocking.
I checked out your link. I suggest everyone research this article and topic and form a conclusion on fact based critical thinking. Especially study the claim about Grain Millers company.

I haven’t tried it. I always thought it was almond flavored and made with almonds lol. Too expensive for me to even think about trying and risking not liking it. I can’t do 2% though I’ve got to have whole milk. My dad always buys 2% and asks why I don’t drink it I’m like because it’s nasty. I can only do it on cereal lol.

In part because of the adulterates in commercial almond milk, I make my own. I buy raw, organic almonds from a local (California) grower, soak them in a couple of changes of filtered water, and whiz 'em up in the Vitamix. If I want the milk a little sweeter, I'll add a dried Medjool date or two (one is the usual amount), and sometimes (rarely) I'll add a bit of vanilla.

You know where they get almond milk from?

1667660291515.jpg

Paper after paper is coming out linking animal protein to inflammation.
The IGF-1 compound found in milk / animal diets is also bad.

"Animal protein consumption also appears to trigger the release of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a cancer-promoting growth hormone. IGF-1 levels rise during childhood to power our development and diminish when we reach adulthood. Should the levels remain too high, however, our cells will constantly receive a message to grow, divide, and keep going and growing. Not surprisingly then, the more IGF-1 in our bloodstream, the higher our risk for developing some cancers.

Animal protein appears to stimulate IGF-1 production whether it’s the muscle proteins in meat, the egg-white protein in eggs, or the milk proteins in dairy. After just 11 days of cutting back on animal protein, however, our IGF-1 levels may drop by 20 percent.

Watching our animal-to-plant protein ratio may be useful for cancer prevention. The largest diet and bladder cancer study found that a 3 percent increase in animal protein consumption was associated with a 15 percent increased risk of bladder cancer, while a 2 percent increase in plant protein intake was associated with a 23 percent decreased cancer risk."

Almond milk is super high in oxalates, which bind to calcium and magnesium, not allowing their absorption and forming kidney stones.
Thank you for this info, I was not aware of oxalates in almonds! I know to stay away from spinach for this reason. I basically stick to kale for anything green, it doesn't taste good but it's healthy.

Check out the glyphosate tests done on Oat Milk brands. It is pretty shocking.
Haven't tried it but will definitely stay away from it now.

Anyone who drinks almond milk every day, shouuld get blood test reguraly to determ if anything is too high.
What would be high in your blood from extended almond milk consumption? Lots of stuff in this thread has be really curious now!

Me personally, I absolutely LOVE milk! I always bought whole milk, but I work hard to keep washboard abs and a flat stomach, and whole milk adds a tiny bit around my waist, so I buy 2%.

I always made fun of my gf for drinking her almond milk haha so she challenged me to try it, and it's really good! Has a really smooth crisp taste.

The IGF-1 compound found in milk / animal diets is also bad.

"Animal protein consumption also appears to trigger the release of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a cancer-promoting growth hormone. IGF-1 levels rise during childhood to power our development and diminish when we reach adulthood. Should the levels remain too high, however, our cells will constantly receive a message to grow, divide, and keep going and growing. Not surprisingly then, the more IGF-1 in our bloodstream, the higher our risk for developing some cancers.

Animal protein appears to stimulate IGF-1 production whether it’s the muscle proteins in meat, the egg-white protein in eggs, or the milk proteins in dairy. After just 11 days of cutting back on animal protein, however, our IGF-1 levels may drop by 20 percent.

Watching our animal-to-plant protein ratio may be useful for cancer prevention. The largest diet and bladder cancer study found that a 3 percent increase in animal protein consumption was associated with a 15 percent increased risk of bladder cancer, while a 2 percent increase in plant protein intake was associated with a 23 percent decreased cancer risk."

Thank you for this info, I was not aware of oxalates in almonds! I know to stay away from spinach for this reason. I basically stick to kale for anything green, it doesn't taste good but it's healthy.

Haven't tried it but will definitely stay away from it now.
I just read that foods (various plants we eat) that are high in oxalates are very beneficial to our health.

I just read that foods (various plants we eat) that are high in oxalates are very beneficial to our health.
I believe it, I'm just trying to avoid kidney stones. I guess like they say, all in moderation.

I checked out your link. I suggest everyone research this article and topic and form a conclusion on fact based critical thinking. Especially study the claim about Grain Millers company.
Another tree hugger and her opinions, I use oat milk creamer for my coffee every morning without thinking of the HAZARDS. :LOL:
1667667127759.jpg

Back